I know the answers to this question may not be specific to Missouri Medicaid but any info will be helpful...I was approved for SSI back payment from the time that I was in the hospital and couldn't work. The judge didn't approve me for a monthly check b/c I am still able to work, which I do 40 hrs/wk...for now. I have to as many of you can relate to to pay the bills and basically live. Anyway, I received the back payment in a series of 3-4 direct deposits and checks. I have had Medicaid ever since I was in the hospital and up until June 30 2013 when I received a letter stating that b/c of my settlement that I was no longer eligible until I spent the money b/c I wasn't allowed to have more than $999.99 in cash resources available, and to top it off I had to show receipts showing how the money was spent. anyway I got all that taken care of and gave the caseworker all the info that they had requested. my question is do you think that I will be able to resume my Medicaid coverage now that all this is taken care of? im still waiting for my caseworker to contact me and if any of you deal with Medicaid you know how difficult and frustrating this can be. I had no problems at all with qualifying prior to getting the settlement. I wish this wasn't an issue for me but it is and that's just the way it has to be right now...I hate the fact that im having to depend on the government for my well being but paying $4000 every 2 wks for a shot to keep my platelet count built up and labs also and all the doc fees...I have racked up over $7000 in charges just since all this has taken place...
just looking for some advice and to see if anyone else has went through this

thanks all