Thread: Hi Everyone! I'm a new member...

Thanks

Default Hi Everyone! I'm a new member...

Hello everyone! I've been browsing the site all weekend, and decided to finally join. I'm new to this Lupus lifestyle, just been officially diagnosed with it on March 2006. I've been sick for a month before being tested for lupus. My family doctor kept giving me antibiotics for my fevers, which I had every day. I had no appetite and lost much weight. Then I developed a rash on my face. I went to a dermatologist and she suggested I get a skin biopsy, because I may have lupus. And low and behold, she was right. I went through further testing, lots of blood tests and urine tests, until finally the results came in and I was tested postive for Lupus. The day my rheumatologist prescribed me predinsone, I immediately felt so much better. It was my miracle drug! I am also taking 1000 mg of CellCept for my kidney. I'm 30 years old, but there are days when my body feels like its 80 years old. Especially that its summer time, I try to stay out of the sun. It gets really depressing when everyone else wants to go out or go down the shore. The sun really drains me out, and by the end of the day, I feel so fatigued.
    Sorry for the long entry... I'm glad I found this forum. I've learned many things from others. Hope you guys can help me out when I have any questions.

Thanks

Welcome, I know that you will find this web-site very informative. There are a lot of good people here.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Buddahbelly :lol:
    We are so happy that you found us and that you decided to joing us. We all will be more than happy to help you in any way that we can. You will find everyone here is very understanding, informative and supportive.

GLAD YOU ARE HERE

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad I joined. I'm new to all this lupus lingo and lifestyle, so hope you won't mind all my questions. The questions that Ive posted up were answered right away. They've been very helpful. Thanks again and I'll hear from you soon. Happy 4th of July!!! :BIG: