Thread: Medical assistance

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Medical assistance

I figure this is the best place to ask my question: is anyone familiar with the policies of billing associated with the medical assistance program (IL)?

For the past few days I've been scrounging through articles, acts, bills, state & federal regulations. I've come across many-some branching out on the premises of balance billing.

My real question is, is anyone familiar with unlawful collections while being enrolled in such a program? Even from a third party biller/collection agency?

From what I've read I've come to the understanding that so long as these facilities accept & acknowledge your enrollment in said program they are prohibited in collecting remaining balances from negotiated pricing on services rendered and to honor he programs determination of required procedures (as in the situation they deny the claim) they cannot in turn bill said covered patient.

Is this true? Are hospitals/third party billers/collection agencies legally allowed to collect from patients fully covered under the medical assistance program (such as Medicaid)?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry, but I have no knowledge in this area whatsoever. Perhaps you can contact your local Medicaid office to ask your question. I do hope that this is resolved in your favor.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Bakedtater08 (08-29-2013)