Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't ever win.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Can't ever win.

Ugh, i've been having such a rough time dealing with all of this lately.

I've been off and on sick with this flu for two weeks. I'm finally starting to feel better from that, but this past friday, I hit my head and now have a concussion. I've had the spins, nausea, headache. ugh.

On top of all of that, I got bloodwork with tons of flags on them. All having to do with my white blood cells being extremely low. This just sucks. Every time I try to just go out and have fun, I pay for it in the long run because my body will be so run down.

I move back to school in less than two weeks. I really hope things get better before then!
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

That really sucks. I am sorry you are having a rough time right now, but you know, things will get better.
    Try to enjoy your time at school, if at all possible.
    FEEL BETTER

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

( ( ( h u g s ) ) )
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mucho hugs and good thoughts

Thanks

Oh SWEET Ashley, I AM SO SORRY to hear where things are at with you hun....BOOOOOOOOO....... I UNDERSTAND...Thats why I am at home like 95% of the time and I pretty much only go out to go to the drs or to venture out with my kids for at least a little "fun" (zoo, movie, restaurant or shopping etc....) and even THEN I TOO "pay for it" in one way or another. The thing is you are so young sweetie and I KNOW you want to GO GO GO BUT YOU have to be slower than you WANT to be about life unfortunately.....I KNOW you already KNOW THIS....YOU have been through SO MUCH in your young lifetime...YOU have a BEAUTIFUL PERSONALITY and SPIRIT as I have told you many times....BUT Please do WHAT is BEST for YOUR HEALTH hun....please take care of YOURSELF and I LOVE YOU and I am THINKING OF YOU... XXXOOO
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (08-21-2013), steve.b (08-22-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is so hard for us to not want to do those things that we were once able to do; or to just sit down and stress about the things that are not getting done because we can't do it; or to try to force ourselves to do what we feel must be done! But, as has been mentioned, by doing more that our bodies (and our minds) are able to handle, we cause a whole new set of problems for ourselves. Having this disease is like walking a tightrope where we could plunge into the abyss at the slightest breeze. I am so sorry to hear about the concussion and I do hope that you recuperate from this quickly. In the meantime, I am also sending you tight {{{{hugs}}}} Peace and Blessings-Namaste: SAYSUSIE
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-23-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi everyone.
    I just wanted to give an update. This past Friday, my boyfriend was driving me home and I blacked out and had no recollection whatsoever of even leaving his house. I went to the neurologist today, where he took an MRI and wanted to do an EEG as well. My MRI came out okay, nothing that stood out to be bad, but my EEG was abnormal. I had seizure activity on both sides of my brain. They are starting me on Keppra to help try to prevent any more seizures from happening. This is just alot to take in. Has anyone else experienced seizures with Lupus??

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

I have what my doctor calls "brain pauses", they are times where I do not black out ..... but I am not aware of my surroundings, or what I am doing. if you remember... 1 1/2 years ago, I ran over my foot with a lawn mower. also you may want to talk to tgal. unfortunately she has bad seizures.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-23-2013)

Thanks

YOU are IN my HEART and ON MY MIND Ashley.....PLEASE TAKE CARE of YOURSELF as BEST as YOU CAN and keep us informed.........(((((((HUGS))))))))
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey everyone.
    Just another update.
    My seizure medicine hasn't been working very well just yet. I don't know if its taking my body longer than normal to adjust to it or what, but when i was home for labor day weekend, I had another seizure and my boyfriend had to take me to the hospital. I don't remember anything from the night, but apparently we were there until 3:30 am and they had me on a "migraine cocktail" so i was all sorts of Loopy (pun totally intended lol)
    Now it seems like the smallest little things that bother me make me feel like i'm going to pass out. It's so scary because since i'm a senior in college, my life until April is just going to be stress. Blagh.