Thread: So very Confused (follow Dr. Appt in 2 1/2 Weeks)

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default So very Confused (follow Dr. Appt in 2 1/2 Weeks)

I went to see a new Rheumy last week my old one would never see me and believes I am making everything up.

I had my first appt with my new Dr. last week. I have a follow up appt in 2 1/2 weeks.

Why do we try to interpret out own blood tests when we do not know anything about them.

Ok,

So the only results I have got so far that have been posted for my viewing is

Positive ANA 1:1280 with a homogenous pattern

C3 - 108 (Range 90-180)
    C4 - 39 (Range 16-47)
    CH50 - >60 (Range 31-60)
    DS DNA - less than 1:10 titer
    Vitamin D25-OH- D2 < 4

I know you cannot tell me what is going on but the CH50 is throwing me off.

I woke up this morning feeling like my hands were going to burst frm being swelled (they look normal no swelling) but could not move my fingers like compartment syndrome

Anyway if any of you have any experience with a high dh50 let me know

Thanks

Well from what I know that test belongs to the complement family CH50 and when those test are low they are indicators for SLE and issues with kidneys etc. your Rheumy should not have ruled you out as a drama queen but instead be patient. A positive ANA panel does not alone indicate Lupus they can occur for other reasons. I am sure you have googled it. A high CH50 if I am not mistaken can indicate an infection. Your pain and symptoms may be very real so log and snap pictures of all that you can because for many it can take years. Mine was a year and many repeated low complement test and symptoms and rashes for my diagnosis. And don't rule out other illnesses accuracy is more important than anything when your life and health are on the line and always always always try to be optimistic

Thanks

Leaniebean,

thank you for keeping me positive. I messaged my new Rheumy and he is looking into some info for me until he sees me but told me I could message him 20 times a day and he will get back to me, I really like him

Not sure if you can answer this questions or not, my first labs showed my C3 as 143 and now they are 108 is this decrease showing disease activation or just a normal variant?

Thanks

Not being medically trained I am not sure. It sounds to me as though possible variants or in some cases it could very well be you're dropping because of possible lupus activity. It's so hard to tell especially not knowing what your symptoms were. I saw on your post your pcp was skeptical because of no symptoms. Which from what I hear is common symptoms come and go. What were your previous symptoms that made you ask for the Ana panel? If you don't mind me asking

Thanks

I am not sure about the no symptoms maybe I typo'd that somewhere lol. it is quite the opposite with me I have so many symptoms that I am starting to pretty much fall apart mentally.

I have 4 children no symptoms until 2006 when I had my last c-section and had my tubes tied then everything slowly started.

List of Symptoms

Extreme Fatique
    Raynauds
    Joint Pain (everywhere but mainly in knees, wrists and hands)
    Restless leg syndrome
    Low Vit D
    Rash on Face and on top of fingers
    Brain Fog (I take my kids to Walmart to help me remember when I park)
    Fevered when not sick
    some swelling in joint but mainly the joint pain
    headaches
    hands feel swollen and tight even though there is nothing wrong with them usually at night and in the morning but goes away
    recently anxiety has started I feel like I have drank 10 cups of coffee and 5 energy drinks
    i am sure I am forgetting something but you get the basics, I end up in bed for days after a busy weekend which is hard when you have to work.

Thanks

Laughing at the Walmart experience. I JUST did that during my lunch break lol it took a little whe for me to figure it out. Yes it seems like the fatigue never goes away it has gotten a lot better that and taking my multi vitamins and b12. I know they say they don't really help but I beg to differ on that. Do they have you on any meds yet?

Thanks

Ok Dr just messaged me through our Health Track System they posted the wrong ANA, it is 1:320 homogenous not 1:1280. I know this means not much but wanted to correct it.