Thread: NOW you look sick...

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default NOW you look sick...

The old "you don't look sick"... that has been an ongoing battle where I work. I've ranted about it on the forum recently and one of the responses (pardon for not remembering who) was to dress up like a zombie - which is FANTASTIC idea!

So... I did my personal version of the zombie look: I've been wearing LESS makeup. Yeah so? you might say. Well, dear lupie friends, believe me when I say that is a BIG DEAL. I don't normally leave the house without full paint and spackle on. I'm not vain, I'm just honest on how I look without makeup. So now, I'm NOT covering up the under eye circles (looks like I have 2 black eyes) and I'm not covering up the lupus rash. And I DON'T look at myself in the mirror!

Has my little experiment worked? I do believe it has! Now people come up to me and tell me I don't look well. Really??? I hadn't noticed. As bad as I look on the outside, it still doesn't come close to how I feel on the inside, but at least it gets the point across.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

aimee.x (09-07-2013), Leaniebean (08-14-2013), Saysusie (08-21-2013), steve.b (08-16-2013)

Thanks

Hi!

I have to say that I have resorted to the same. People seem a little kinder when I look how I feel (tho how I look isn't often as bad as how I feel)

I haven't really been wearing makeup for the last few years because I've felt so low, and been struggling so much that I couldn't be bothered to put my brave face on for ANYONE anymore. But then, of course, I haven't been leaving the house as much either!

Love to you. Xxx

Jx

Thanks

Lol that is a great idea better yet EXCELLENT idea I will lean on that to convey my point