Thread: Anyone else have these symptoms?

Thanks

Question Anyone else have these symptoms?

I was diagnosed with Lupus 7 months ago. I have all the similar symptoms that others have with Lupus, but I bleed rectally. I bleed more than a month at a time. I have had a total hysterectomy, 7 colonoscopies with in 2 years. They can't find any signs of Crohn's, IBS, or any inflamation. I stop bleeding when I have to take predisone for the Lupus. My son was diagnosed with Crohn's when he was 6 (3years ago). I was just wondering if anyone else has bled and what to do to stop it? I appreciate any imput on this matter! Thank you!

Thanks

Hi SBradford,

Welcome to WHL.
    I have not heard of anyone bleeding rectally, but it may be a autoimmune thing as well, because it stops when you take the prednisone.
    It looks like the doctors are doing what they can, to find the culprit.
    Have you ever googled it?
    I hope you can find answers soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hi Sbradford, My son has Ulcerative Colitis and Chron's and he bleeds when he is flaring. He is responsive to Prednisone although the doctors only gave it to him once and won't give it to him again as they say it has too many side effects. I'm so glad, I wish they would of given me an option or educated me on the results of it. Anyway there are many autoimmune conditions out there that do respond to Prednisone, I know with my son his joints also hurt when he's flaring. I hope you can get answers, I know how frustrating things can get. {{{hugs}}}}
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

Debbie-
    Thank you so much for your response! All the suggestions I can get help!
    Stephanie

Thanks

Thank you for your response! I hope all is well with your son! My son has Crohn's disease also, we have something in common with that! We will eventually figure it out! Just a little hill to get over!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SBradford For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (08-26-2013)