Thread: Bruising

Thanks

Default Bruising

My son has mild bruising that looks similar to photos I see on the web. I am curious does lupus bruising display with the same amount of pain as the joint/muscle pain? Or is the pain associated with the bruise relatively mild. Or can you have a combination? Any thoughts.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bruising easily is not a symptom of Lupus. But it does occur quite regularly. There are a lot of reasons for bruising and bruising with pain. Some are simple and some are a bit more complicated.
    Often, the bruising can be related to the medications that we are taking, such as corticosteroids (Prednisone) which can cause the skin to thin, and therefore easier to bruise.
    Having Lupus increases your chances of developing other overlapping diseases. If the bruise does not heal in a reasonable amount of time, you should discuss this with your doctor as it may mean a more serious health problem that is preventing it from healing.

Most reasons for Lupus and bruising are due to Vasculitis. If you notice the following symptoms, you may need to discuss this possibility with your doctor: bruising with fever - bruising with muscle and joint pain - bruising with weight loss - bruising with fatigue.

Also, many of us with Lupus also suffer from a low red blood cell count, low platelet count, and low white blood cell count. As such, easing bruising and blood clots can result from this. Again, this is an issue that you should discuss with your doctor.

I hope that this has been helpful. Please let us know how your son is doing and what his doctors say.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Nonna (12-14-2014), ruziska (12-10-2014)

Thanks

Thanks Saysusie, I really appreciate your reply.

It appears that it's the migrating antibody that latched on just near the surface of his skin. Its tough getting information out of him. Caused limited pain for a couple of days. Now I can see a normal looking bruise and no pain in with it.

My heart goes out to anyone dealing these problems.

Sincerely,

Phillip.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome. I am glad that the pain has subsided and that you did get some type of answer. Best of Luck

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!