Thread: I am new here and feeling alone!

Thanks

Default I am new here and feeling alone!

Hi, my name is Alison and i am 32 years old. Ive been sick with systemic lupus for two years, but have gotten horribly bad the past four months. None of the meds are doing anything for me. I went from being a workaholic, to not being able to work at all. Im trying to sell my house quickly before i lose that too. And i dont know if my marriage is going to make it thru this. I have been very scared and feeling very alone. Along with my body crappin out, im startin to emotionally fade away. I talk to my parents alot, and pray quite frequently! But hopefully i will meet some new people to chat with. I would love insight on different things, and i would love to help others as well! I am truly blessed to have found this forum!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi Alison, and welcome. please read my profile page... it will help you to know a little more about me. I have also written a blog. there is a link for it on my profile page also. it is only by the power of friends who understand that we are really able to enjoy our new life. this group is my new friends, I call this place my cyber family.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

Hi Alison,

Welcome to WHL.
    I am sorry, that you are having a rough time, we have all been there, but the good thing is, that it will get better. It just takes a while, to find the right meds for YOU.
    You did find a lot of friends here, that understand and know what you are going through.
    Where in Wisconsin do you live?
    If you have any questions, we will try and answer them for you, or at least tell us our experiences.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hello and welcome - this forum is a great place to find support, information, and people who will "get it" when you need to vent about this lousy disease!

I am sorry you are having so many stresses right now - Lupus is bad enough on its own, but the collateral damage (jobs, finances, marriages) can really floor us sometimes. It can really re-shape our lives.

I hope you find support here to keep fighting and find a worthwhile and joyful "new normal", whatever that ends up being.

Thanks

I hear ya sista! my husband does not give me the support I need when im not well, its hard to maintain it all when your sick. hang in there, you will bounce out of your flare soon enough, take care