Thread: subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosis

Do any of you deal with this? I've recently begun to. So far, just on my arms and my neck (I have short hair). How are you treating it?
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

One of the most important things you can do dealing with this issue is taking serious sun-protective measures, including sunscreens, protective clothing, and lifestyle modification. A sunscreen containing Mexoryl SX and Mexoryl XL, have been found to work best in preventing the development of UV-induced cutaneous lesions. Also, the use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen is also highly recommended. With SCLE, it is best to use sunscreen on a daily basis.
    Standard treatment includes corticosteroids (topical, intralesional) and antimalarials such as hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil). Some patients have found success using auranofin, dapsone, thalidomide, retinoids, interferon, and immunosuppressive drugs.

Sometimes, corticosteroids are used, but only for a short term when the condition and/or symptoms warrants its use. Clofazimine is primarily beneficial for cutaneous, not systemic, disease. Also, some patients with SCLE have been found to be vitamin D deficient; therefore, the use of vitamin D and calcium have also been recommended in some cases.

I hope that you find a treatment that relieves some of your symptoms. Best of Luck

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

ruziska (07-24-2013), steve.b (07-25-2013)