Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DEATH and the REALITY of it

Thanks

Steve YOU sound like my therapist! LOL He has said the SAME THING to me time and again! I KNOW only WE can give someone the "power"........ Im pretty good at UNDERTSANDING "that", I just have a harder time DOING it on a regular basis! LOL Im much better than I used to be believe it or not! Its a thought process I have to make myself go through in certain "moments" to KNOW IM A GOOD PERSON.......SHOOT, I never even used to be able to SAY THAT just a few yrs ago let alone BELIEVE IT...... I DO BELIEVE!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!! LOL

THANK YOU for the "link"..............You are KIND and THOUGHTFUL in SO MANY WAYS Steve.......We are LUCKY HERE to HAVE YOU.......

Oh my SWEET SWEET "Oluwa"!!!!! Your WISE WORDS once again!!!!!! Another BEAUTIFUL SOUL we here are BLESSED to have in our lives on WHL!!!! You have been AMAZING through my pain and even before.........THANK YOU.............SISTER FRIEND!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Oh Jaynie! THANK YOU for the HUG I COULD FEEL! Seriously, it was so BIG!!! I meditate *well, at least TRY (LOL) at times*, so i literally closed my eyes and "saw" the hug you "typed" and I could "FEEL IT".................... SO KIND......................
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Once again Carlotta, YOU have WARMED ME to the CORE..... We are only human......Its NICE to be told I am LOVED, VALUED, IMPORTANT etc.....by those I LOVE, VALUE and are IMPORTANT to ME...... YOU are BEAUTIFUL in MANY WAYS as I have told you before and will KEEP telling YOU because I FEEL like, WHY NOT SHARE OUR GOOD THOUGHTS to one another when we have/feel them, RIGHT? Ive ALWAYS told my children "that".Theres too much cruelty and mean natured people in the world to NOT tell those we care about HOW WE FEEL........For MANY reasons BUT one of them being, YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU WILL HAVE THAT CHANCE AGAIN.....I have NO REGRETS about NOT telling my papa how much I LOVED HIM. THAT is the one thing I have always done in my life. I told papa I LOVED HIM, I VALUED HIM,I APPRECIATED HIM IN MANY WAYS etc. ALL THE TIME and I AM SO GREATFUL for THAT. HE KNEW HOW I FELT ABOUT HIM and WHY I FELT that way about him. He would cry sometimes when I told him. He would feel so good and important, BECAUSE HE WAS...... UGH I MISS HIM SO MUCH! My family and I would ALWAYS leave special NOTES around his house for him to find and HE LOVED IT! The SIMPLE THINGS mean the MOST......The police officers and coroners "that day" told us how much he must have been loved by us because of all the little notes they saw everywhere......Papa would stick them in every room all over things for him to see when he was in that room. He said it made him smile. Oh my papa....................

WOW, I cant believe your mother said the same thing about HER will as well Carlotta! OMG! I felt the EXACT same way as YOU when Karen said THAT. I HONESTLY DID NOT CARE. It HONESTLY DID NOT bother me in ANY WAY. THATS what her and I had come to. As a matter of FACT, my life was much LESS STRESSFUL when I would cut her out of it. I gave her way too many chances as it was my therapist had told me. BUT, it goes back to WANTING her to BE what a mother SHOULD BE. I had my fingers crossed my whole life BUT it never happened and it will never happen. My therapist told me I needed to grieve for the loss of my "mother" like she was dead. He was right.....Forgive, grieve and MOVE ON with MY LIFE because THATS whats IMPORTANT. If I feel sad about "it" sometimes, its NOT about NOT having Karen in my life, its about NOT having the MOM I DESERVE and NEVER had in my life. MOMS are IMPORTANT in MANY WAYS. WE KNOW THIS. So, you cant help but "LONG FOR" that sometimes at least.

LOVE and HUGS right back at ya!!!!!! XXXOOO

Thanks

I know Iím relatively new here and may not be my place to comment. Jeannette that is a horrible thing to have to go through and my heart breaks for you. Although hard to accept, Alcoholism is a disease. We often donít understand why they just wonít quit but because it is usually an Ďuntreatedí disease they think theyíre fine. On one hand it seems if they cared about us then they could control themselves and stop but on the other hand if itís a disease then itís can be justified that they had no control of it. Clearly your Dad loved you because he kept it together around you and your family. Regardless of how much we love someone itís impossible to be inside their head to know what they are thinking or feeling when we are not around them. And whatever thoughts were in your dads head at the time, he loved you enough to not want to burden you with it. I know you would never think of your Dad as a burden but maybe your dad did and as a parent he couldnít do that to the daughter he loved.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Dempsey For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-28-2013)

Thanks

Oh my word Craig..YOU MADE ME CRY....THANK YOU for YOUR WORDS of KINDNESS and WISDOM....I became a "daddys girl" when he chose US over his alcohol( MOST of the time anyways) and to have it taken away IS SO HARD for SO MANY REASONS that I BATTLE EVERY DAY. You are right in what you say,it is just HARD to accept I think.UGH! and to let you know, IT IS YOUR PLACE to comment because YOU ARE MY FRIEND and because ALL of US here on WHL are a family NO MATTER how long or short a time you have been with us.....I have gone MIA from here for a yr or more sometimes it feels and I come back like I was just on yesterday....I FEEL SO LOVED and CARED ABOUT here no matter how often I can be around......I have LEARNED from it that THAT is what a true FAMILY is.....NO STRINGS ATTACHED......THAT is FAMILY and FRIENDSHIP.....THANK YOU again Craig...YOU help ME too..