Thread: Newbie and glad I found this forum

Thanks

Default Newbie and glad I found this forum

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjorgenís in May 2012. Took me couple of months to accept I have Lupus and Sjorgen and finally started meds in Aug 2012, Plaquenil twice a day. One thing Iím thankful is that my symptoms started showing up after 6 months giving birth to my daughter. Really glad I was asymptomatic while pregnant. Having a 4yr old son and 2 yr old daughter makes it impossible to have a well balance activity and rest. Been enduring fatigue and trying to push through, but lately my body is telling me I canít handle it all. Iím still new to this disease and trying to figure out what my flares are and what limitations are. I have been browsing through this website for a couple of months and it has given me moral support to know that others know exactly how I feel and know what Iím going through.

-mamakong

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mamakong;
    Welcome to our family. I am glad to hear that you are learning as much as you can about your Lupus and how it affects you. We have all had to figure out how to balance our days so that we can get the rest that we need, but still do what needs to be done. Remember, it is important that you continue to listen to your body and get recuperative rest. Only by doing so will you be able to accomplish the important things that you must do. Pushing through is never a good idea as it usually leads to burn out and, subsequently, a flare up! Try manipulating your schedule in order to allow yourself rest periods; there may be some things that just do not need to be done - at least not right now!
    I am glad that you are here. Please read through the stickys, through the forums and participate in any conversation that you like. You may find some great advice on how to manage your time and your disease so that you do not feel stressed or worn out!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am new here as well and can really relate to your situation. I have a 4 year old and a 12 year old. It is a struggle to balance the day. I am in a really bad flare now and I can't say what caused it to start. In a year I have had like 3 to 4 weeks of good days and the rest have been a struggle. I have found moral support here also. It seems to help when I can chat with people who experience the same things I am. I have found that a lot of people don't understand Lupus and what it can do to you. They only look at the outside part of you. If you are like me, you try to hide your pain so your kids can't see what you are going through. I wish you the best and hope you find a way to balance the rest you need. I hope we can communicate more and be supportive to one another.
    Creekbank

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Creekbank For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-24-2013)

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie! Finding that right balance does take some time to figure out.

Creekbank - this is the first summer with Lupus and having a difficult time staying out of the sun with the kids. Kids always want to play outside and it saddens me to tell them we can't do a certain activity b/c mommy may get ill or is not feeling well. Lupus is an invisible disease and even my family sometimes has a hard time understanding what I go through. Hang in there Creekbank and wish you all the best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mamakong For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-29-2013)