Thread: Not contagious????

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Not contagious????

My job. Hmmm. I swear they are going to do me in one of these days...

Anyhow, we have an outside accounting firm come in every other Thursday to do payroll. Yesterday the gal shows up and she looked horrible! (no offense to her). Come to find out, she has bacterial pneumonia. I kid you not! Unfortunately there was no one else from that company to take her place. Anyhow, I stayed away from her as much as I could.

So the boss (still shaking my head), when I told him that I'll be staying at the opposite end of the building because she has BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA says "what? its not like she's contagious" EXCUSE ME???? My response: " I have lupus and scarred lungs, in my world EVERYTHING is contagious". This coming from the same guy who said my lupus was "just an excuse"

So we'll see in 7-10 days whether I'll be taking sick leave or not. Glad I got my vacation out of the way first...
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

you have to love sympathetic bosses ..... or should that just be "pathetic". and to remind everyone ..... you work in a company that is supposed to look after people with disabilities. pitty they don't practice what they preach.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Therein lies the irony Steve! Disability IS our business! We run a self direct care program, we offer assistance applying for Social Security and Disability, we have peer support, we offer living well with a disability classes and yet, the boss is the most unaccepting person ever! Disability applies to everyone but his staff apparently. Mind you, he himself has diabetes as do many of our staff members, one has severe asthma, another has cerebral palsy and one is a cancer survivor. I've kept him in the loop as to my medical situations and have made it clear that I must take as many precautions as possible to protect myself from anything that will mess up my lungs further - like PNEUMONIA! Ah well, see my post about making lupus look good. Perhaps that's the problem, I look too good! LOL
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"