Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Help Severe Hair Loss

Thanks

My hair has been getting messed up, too. It doesn't look bad, it doesn't even look thin. It used to be ridicolously thick but now it's more normal. Everyday, I'm noticing that clumps of hair are coming out as I wash and brush it... bleh :roll: i dont think it'll get bad...

-bethany
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's just that little voice crying "I will try again."

Thanks

I am now used to being bald...and suprisingly like it sometimes: so...a list of a few POSITIVES with hair loss....

1. LESS TIME in the morning, shampooing and conditioning, and blowdrying and curling, and spraying.....now it's just 5 minutes worth of makeup and I am ready to roll.
    2. People who don't want to stare at my head now stare into my EYES when they talk to me...it makes quite a difference!
    3. When I wear scarves, people stop to say, "What a beautiful scarf!" and smile. wonderful!
    4. I have again, had perfect strangers wish me better health and even say they will pray for me. Again, fantastic. Who DOESN'T need a few more prayers on their behalf?
    and finally.....
    5. I have discovered, in myself...where BEAUTY really comes from...it's how you behave, how you treat others, and how you feel about yourself. I was (still am) a vain person. I modeled in my twenties. I may never have learned this lesson at this deep level any other way.
    It's trying to grow back, but only in patches...so my husband shaves me...GENTLY. I will do this until the patches disappear. Until then, I don't worry about standard conventions of "beauty..." I do know what real beauty IS.

Chin up, everyone! You are gorgeous! Love, Kathy

Thanks

What an inspiring post Kathy, thank you so much! I've just recently been diagnosed with skin lupus and dealing with hair thinning myself. It's wonderful to read encouraging words.

I've read this thread with great interest and am a bit surprised that no one has mentioned Rogaine. When I first started losing some hair my dermatologist recommended it in order to stimulate hair growth. It seemed to work just fine, hair seemed to be growing, though thinner than before (I too had crazy thick hair). So I stopped Rogaine. Mistake! I went back on it after 2 mos because I started to notice less new growth and now started losing lots more hair. But during my last visit with the doc, he mentioned it could be the Rogaine, stating that it will generate new hair growth but in doing so, will trigger hairloss as new hair starts to grow in place of longer strands.

I also use Ojon products as it leaves my hair very healthy looking. And since I don't have as much of it as I once did, I want what I do have looking shiney and healthy!

Warmest regards,
    Delia

Thanks

err....by the way....I only wish I could make my hubby stop making "RRRRRRROWWWWW!"race car sounds when he's going over my scalp with a razor. He has never even nicked me, but dang it's scary.
    boys WILL be boys, eh? :roll: I tell "Speed Razor" he needs to chill!