Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Severe Hair Loss

Thanks

I've noticed my hair falling out since Feb. or March of this year. Its now August, and my hair is very thin, but, less hair has been falling out. (Thank goodness because I don't have much to lose anymore) Its slowly growing back. Will it fall out again once it grows back? :?
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

I found out I had Lupus because my hair was falling out 2 years ago. I had several large bald patches on the top of my head. I wore a bandana or a hat everyday.What wasn't bald was very thin, I could see my scalp through it. My doctor sent me to a dermatologist who gave me about 20 small injections of cortizone in my scalp every 4 weeks to stimulate the hair to grow again. It worked but then about 5 months later it started again(months before my wedding!!) I didn't pick out what I was wearing on my head till about a month before the wedding. It all worked out fine though and came back. I have not had a problem with the total loss since(still thin but that's better) The shots hurt a little so you guys can find a cure with a shampoo that's great. I wish you luck and you are not alone
    Christina

Thanks

Hi guys,
    Just thought that I would drop a line to let you know that My hair is definetly getting better, it is still falling out but much less now than before, so hang in there everybody. I am still using the Nioxin shampoo and conditioneer plus because that dries my hair out so much I have been going to my hairdressor every couple of weeks for a deep conditioning treatment, That is helping a whole lot and it is not too expensive. So I wish you all luck and keep your chins up.

Jasmine :lol:
    What hurts, Will only make us stronger

Thanks

Just an update on the hair situation... I'm still religiously using the Nioxin Shampoo and scalp therapy. Less hair has been showing up in the drain. My hair is still very thin, but I've noticed that my bald spots are gone. I guess hair is slowly growing back in those areas. I now have short hairs standing up and sticking out of everywhere on my head. Its out of control. :crazyeyes: I can't wait until they are long enough to blend in with the rest of my hair. I just want my hair to get thicker. :cry: I went to a wedding yesterday. I put my dress on, did my makeup, then it was time to do my hair. I just looked at myself in the mirror and almost cried. I didnt know what to do with it. Its too thin to keep down, or tie in a ponytail. All I was able to do was pin it into a little tiny bun.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Default [size=18]EMBRACE THE BALDNESS, I SAY !![/size]

EMBRACE THE BALDNESS, I SAY !!

Hi Everyone,
    I say that half smiling and half crying. Vanity oh Vanity, why do we prize our hair so? BECAUSE WE'RE WOMEN !!!

I finally accepted that the beautiful free-flowing locks I once had, will be no more. So I've decided to embrace the baldness, and let my personality do all the wowing (smile). Cause Lord knows, the prednizone has already had its' way with my body (if you know what I mean, moon face and all....smile). I'm not sure how that's workin' for me; but I am a hopeful idealist.
    Lots and lots of love to you,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

When we are diagnosed with LUPUS ther are usually underlieing other auto-immune disease's at work.

One that will cause HAIR LOSS is HYPO or HYPER thyroidism.....without the thyroid HORMONE your hair will begin to thinout quite quickly.

I always know when I have forgotten to take my SYNTHEROID for a few days when I look in the shower and see my hair.

It is a simple blood test to check for THYROIDITIS.....a TSH and T-4 test will tell the DOC wether or not you have it and if you do a simple pill once a day will not only prevent your hair loss but BOOST your FATIGUE!!!!

Hope this helps

STJAMES
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

THANKS for the helpful info! Fortunately, slowly but surely, I feel like a baby, with the little hairs growing in everywhere. I'm pretty excited! Just wish the hair would grow at a faster pace... Can't wait to wear my hair in a big ponytail again...

Thanks

Hi everybody - I haven't bee posting too much lately - I was on vacation in August, and when I came back, couldn't access the board for a week or so.

I am going to ask for a thyroid test at my next DR. visit, St. James, thanks for the info.

Anyway, I thought I'd give a hair report - after loosing HUGE amounts all through July the fall-out slowed (thanks to Nioxin, I think). Now I am growing back spikes just like Buddhabelly. I was so happy to see them, I cried. I don't care how goofy they look as long as they are hair!

My "hair guy" gave me a cute short cut that will help with the spikes.

He said that the reason we loose hair, is the body knows hair is not as essential as hearts, lungs, etc., so when it gets stressed or needs to let something go to focus on keeping the rest of us healthy, hair is what it lets go first..... interesting theory,eh?

Hang in there all of you!

Thanks

Can I get Nioxin at the drugstore?

Thanks

No Nioxin is a professional brand you have to get it at a salon... Beauty Brands is probably one of the best places to go price-wise or Ulta...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono