Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Severe Hair Loss

Thanks

I'm glad it's going well for you two... I thought the Nioxin was helping for a day or so, but it seems to be falling out faster than ever now. I've been using the Nioxin for only ten days.. and there is more hair than ever in the drain. It feels so thin when I run my hands through it. :cry:

It's not that I'm obsessed with my hair or anything - it just feels like the last straw - what ELSE am I going to loose?!?!

Grr. Sorry - sort of depressed lately.

Thanks

My hair has gotten very thin too. This has gotten me so depressed. I can't do much with my hair right now. If I wear it down, everyone will notice my thin hair. But if I wear it in a pony tail, everyone will see my bald spots. So, I end up wearing it in a tiny bun. I sometimes wear a clipon ponytail when I go out. Its so sad, I know... I miss my hair. I get so self-conscious during the day at work, checking my head whenever I can, if any bald spots are showing. I started noticing my hair was falling out since February, before I was officially diagnosed with the Lupus. I ask myself each day, "when is it going to stop falling out?" I'm trying to stay optimistic. I do see little hairs (lupus hairs) growing back. I even see patches of hair growing back as well. Is it the Nioxin and the vitamins causing my hair to grow? HOPE SO... Is this just a phase? Will my hair grow back to how it was? This whole situation is frustrating me. I shouldn't complain so much, because I know there are others who are coping with other symptoms worst than hairloss. Sorry for being such a cry baby about this... :cry:

Thanks

I know it's hard, but it DOES take time, and SHOULD help... I can't say it helps everyone, but I know it helped my hair a lot... Give it til the end of the bottle and if it still isn't helping, don't get anymore! You should see SOME kind of improvement by that time! Another thing that I was always told was good for hairloss is taking prenatal vitamins... And apparently good for your nails, too if you have nail problems! So that might be another avenue to try??

I've got my fingers crossed for you!!! Keep us updated!

"All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Prenatal vitamins? :idea: Where can I get them? Is there a special kind to get? I'm using Hair, Skin, & Nails Formula by GNC Women's. It has 2500 mcg of biotin. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks

I'm sure those help, too! I THINK you can get prenatal vitamins at any grocery store... I'm not really sure... This is only something I have heard... Actually, I heard it in beauty school when we all cut each other's hair and eventually wanted it to be long again... I was told that they help your hair grow... Not sure about thickening it up or anything, but it would stand to reason, yes?

I haven't tried it yet, but it won't hurt you unless there is something in them that your dr. says you can't have... And also maybe compare it to the vitamin you are already taking... It may not be much different... I dunno!

Glad to help!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I've been using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner for almost a month now. I'm also taking Biotin and Fishoil supplements. I've noticed some progress: I find less hair in the showerdrain. I've noticed patches of hair growing in different parts of my head. I'm so excited seeing the hairgrowth, but, now I have patches of hair sticking out, like I have horns! :lol: They're sticking up so much that gel can't even hold it down. O well. I shouldn't complain, because its GROWING BACK! Can't wait because my hair is so thin right now. Seasons do change. I've been in the fall for a while, but, I see that spring is coming soon for me. :B-fly:

Thanks

I am SOOO happy to hear this Buddha - Even horns are a good sign. :evil: :lol: :lol:

I think that my drain clog was a little smaller today too. I have been using the Nioxin about the same length of time.

I also got the prenatal vitamin with biotin and the Omega fish oil, but forgot to take it the last few days.

Congratulations on the new hair, and thanks to everybody here who gave us the hair-saving advice!

Thanks

:P Hi Sheryl! I'm glad that you're finding less hair in the drain like me. Let's keep our fingers crossed, I think the Nioxin is really working along with the supplements! Keep in contact and I'll do the same. Share your progress experiences. I love hearing positive stories about hairgrowth, makes me feel better...

Thanks

Default I need some Miracle Grow!

I'm sorry for being so vain, I just need to vent out my frustrations about my hair loss. :bad-words: I'm feeling sad and mad at the same time. :x Hairloss is no big deal comparing to others' health issues, I know.... I'm trying to be patient, and I do see some progress, after using Nioxin for a little over a month. I now have patches of new hair growth sticking up on my head. Its so hard to find a way to flatten it out, I also have little hairs sticking straight up on top of my head as well. Now I know how Alfalfa feels (from the Little Rascals). :roll: I have 1 hairstyle that I use each day, because its the only thing that I can do with it. I pull whatever hair I have left in a loose bun, or on the weekends, I just wear a baseball cap. 8) I say a prayer for hair each day. :angel: Is anyone else feeling the same way or having the same problem as me? :cry:

Thanks

Sorry to hear your hair is frustrating you :cry: I can only relate to the new little hairs that appear all around the front of my scalp. I also have those pieces that stick up on the top of my head :lol: Hope it gets better soon for you.
    ~Butterfly
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!