I am now used to being bald...and suprisingly like it sometimes: so...a list of a few POSITIVES with hair loss....
1. LESS TIME in the morning, shampooing and conditioning, and blowdrying and curling, and spraying.....now it's just 5 minutes worth of makeup and I am ready to roll.
2. People who don't want to stare at my head now stare into my EYES when they talk to me...it makes quite a difference!
3. When I wear scarves, people stop to say, "What a beautiful scarf!" and smile. wonderful!
4. I have again, had perfect strangers wish me better health and even say they will pray for me. Again, fantastic. Who DOESN'T need a few more prayers on their behalf?
5. I have discovered, in myself...where BEAUTY really comes from...it's how you behave, how you treat others, and how you feel about yourself. I was (still am) a vain person. I modeled in my twenties. I may never have learned this lesson at this deep level any other way.
It's trying to grow back, but only in patches...so my husband shaves me...GENTLY. I will do this until the patches disappear. Until then, I don't worry about standard conventions of "beauty..." I do know what real beauty IS.
Chin up, everyone! You are gorgeous! Love, Kathy