Thread: newbie

Thanks

Red face newbie

Hi all. I am new to your site but definately not new to lupus. I was diagnosed in 2000. Its been a long journey. My main issues have usually been the muscle and joint pain, fatigue, and skin rashes. Lots of rashes..I finally quit working in 2010 and my disability was approved in 2012. Thank goodness. Ive had a few severe episodes of different issues. I had renal failure and had to have dialysis in 2010 and a severe bacterial pneumonia that they couldnt identify. I ended up on life support for one week. Now I have c.o.p.d. to add to my list of problems and have to use inhalers every day to keep my lungs clear. I am also insulin dependent diabetic. This I believe is caused by the chronic prednisone use. I was just in the hospital last week for a bad flare up. My rash is really bad right now and it just was better while I was getting I.v. steroids. Now I am home and it is bad again. I dont want to go back in the hospital. The rash is like I am severely sun burned. Chest is very bad. Only thing that I have found relief from is ice bags. I think I have tried everything and a lot of things just irritate it. If anyone has a good remedy I would love a suggestion. Thanks for listening..

Thanks

Hi shelly,

Welcome to WHL.
    I am glad, that you have found us. I am so sorry, that you have been through so much and still are going through it.
    I can not give you any advise about the rash, because luckily, I don't get them, except for a few spots here and there.
    Somebody else might be able to give you some tips.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Welcome to the WHL family!

We are a friendly bunch of people with varying degrees of SLE and associated AI disorders.

We're happy that you've joined us.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Shelly;
    Welcome to our family. I am so sorry to hear that you have been through so much and that you are still suffering. There are so many ways to treat your rash, but it depends upon the type of rash that you are dealing with. You said that you've tried many things, so that I don't suggest something that you've already tried, could you please let me know what things you have tried that did not work?
    In the meantime, you can put "rash" in the search terms above and all posts dealing with that subject will come up. Perhaps you might find some good information there. Also, check out the "stickys" on the top of each forum and you may find some good information about dealing with rashes there.
    I am glad that you joined our family, you will find that this site is filled with caring, supportive, and informative people. Once again..welcome!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome. Thank goodness my rash has calmed down. Beleive it or not, baby oil is what finally eased the burning. I must say that this was different than my ususl rash. I couldnt begin to list everything ive used. I saw a very well known der, atologist for over a year and he tried everything under the sun. The only think that works is abhigh dose of prednisone. In the beginning they even treated me forvscabies...lol so glad I found this site. I dont feel quite so alone now..