Thread: Skin tingling sensation in specific areas.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Skin tingling sensation in specific areas.

Hi Girls and Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else experiences patches of skin tingling. There is no rash or markings of any kind, but the skin can sometimes be sore on contact with clothing etc. I have it mostly just above my shoulder blade on one side, but have had it on my upper/outer thigh (this was on some old scar tissue).

Not unbearable just another intriguing symptom that keeps re-occurring!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Most likely it's tactile allodynia. So common for people with lupus or other autoimmune disorders. I'm no doctor but to me that sounds really familiar.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Polly (07-10-2013), Saysusie (07-11-2013)

Thanks

Hi polly,

Yes i get it quite a bit in lots of different areas. I used to only get it in my legs on the shins now it can occur anywhere. It may only last a day or two then move. It's weird but it was one of the symptoms that lead to Lupus diagnosis for me.

Sam xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

Polly (07-10-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Sam and Mica - yes it does sound the same. Sometimes it's very noticably tingly, sometimes not. The palms of my hands and soles of my feet always feel very sore as well... Like a burn but not hot. These also hurt more on contact with things.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly For This Useful Post:

Sammy (07-10-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

reading your second comment, in conjunction with your first ....... it sounds vert similar to my fibromyalgia problems. as the muscles become swollen with fluid ... the blood flow can be restricted. the restricted blood flow causes the tingling. it also causes the nerves to become sensitive. and hands / feet can feel sore from the combination of fluid / poor blood flow and sensitive nerves. for me, my fibro causes more everyday inconvenience than my lupus does. but this is my problems ...... and auto immune issues are very different for everyone. it may / may not be the same for you.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Polly (07-12-2013), Sammy (07-10-2013), Saysusie (07-11-2013)

Thanks

That's interesting Steve that you have Fibro and these are symptoms of that rather than lupus - I haven't really looked at fibro symptoms as I haven't been diagnosed with it - just SLE. It will be a good point to raise at my next Rheumy appointment I think - thank you for sharing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-12-2013)