Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I dont know whether I should be glad or sad

Thanks

Hi Jayne
    I'm in liverpool. The biopsy has been done and it wasn't too bad I'm just waiting for the results. my rheumy explained that the docs want to be absolutely certain that the Lupus is in the kidneys before upping the level of treatment. I believe that addenbrokes is a centre of excellence isn't it?
    Maisie x

Thanks

Hi Jayne
    I live in Liverpool and have consultants at the Royal and Broadgreen. I understand that addenbrokes is really good.Sorry if you get two replies but I wasn't sure that I sent the first one
    Maisiex

Thanks

Hi!
    Yes Addenbrookes has always seemed very good with Lupus. I guess Liverpool makes it too far to travel to. It used to take me two hours to get there, but if I have a silly early appointment (8am) the traffic and new road make it an hour and a quarter.
    I'm really scared of having a biopsy. Have always been grateful that they haven't deemed it worth the risk!

Jx

Thanks

Hi Jayne
    I had the biopsy because I have blood and protein in my urine and my kidney function is down. My hermit explained to me that my treatment would be different if the lupus is in my kidneys. I am currently on Plaquenil but would 'go up a gear' if there is kidney involvement so I was agreeable to having the biopsy. It really wasn't bad at all. It's usually done as a day case but I had to stay in overnight because of my clotting disorder. The warfarin/Fragmin thing was a gaff but if you don't have clotting problems then it wouldn't apply to you.
    If you have to have a biopsy please don't be too worried - it's ok.
    Great to speak to someone from the UK
    Maisie x

Thanks

Still terrified!

But I'm not having one. I'm lucky, despite the blood/protein/kidney function issues the Hydroxy (Plaquenil) settled all that down so the dr decided to leave the biopsy for now.

I know I'm a chicken! I was going to be brave but then my dr said there was no point is the plaquenil was working. So so glad! You are very brave!!

*bows gracioulsy*

Jx

Thanks

Hi Jaynie
    I think as a rule it's best not to have people stick pointy things in your kidneys if you can possibly avoid it!!!!
    How long have you been on Plaquenil?
    PS I meant to write rheumy in my last post,not hermit - stupid predictive text. I would hate for you to think that The health care of the people in Liverpool is in the hands of hermits, sooth sayers and shamans!
    Maisie
    X