Thread: i am so afraid....

Thanks

Unhappy i am so afraid....

i dont know what to do.. i was diagnosed with SLE yesterday... i just want to know if ill still be normal...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

if you read enough of the correct information.... you will realise many people with lupus live a full life. modern medication allows us to do most things. although some of us do need to modify our lifestyle. I myself am on disability, due to my lupus, but I can still enjoy life in its new limited form. please read a few of our older posts..... they are our personal experiences of lupus. there is also "stickies" in each section. stickies are posts that have important information in them, and usually a good place to start.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-21-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Yup, im currently studying about lupus. Some are scary and some gave me positive insights,,, although im still scared I decided not to let it rule my life. Thanks for the response. Hope we can be friends!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loralee102089 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (07-05-2013)

Thanks

You will learn when to slow down and what fits you best. I work full time and take care of my mom. I admit I am starting to have more problems as I am getting older, eat well exercise and take your meds and do not be afraid to ask questions no matter how silly you may think it is I promise someone else would like to no the answer to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luci For This Useful Post:

n.mac (07-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loralee102089 View Post
    i dont know what to do.. i was diagnosed with SLE yesterday... i just want to know if ill still be normal...
    no life can never be normal with lupus. life as we knew it is gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tammyallen View Post
    no life can never be normal with lupus. life as we knew it is gone.
    Sorry to disagree.
    After 2 1/2 years of lupus I find that for the most part my life is pretty "normal"
    Certainly things are different but having been diagnosed and treated I feel much better than I did before!
    I am still able to do pretty much everything I could do before in moderation or with modifications.

Thanks

I have had to make some adjustments, but 2 1/2 years after diagnosis and starting treatment I feel SOOOOOO much better than I did for the 5 years prior to diagnosis. Being diagnosed means you can (hopefully) get coherent treatment, and start to make things a bit easier on your body.

The label "Lupus" is no fun, but it's better than feeling awful and not knowing why. There are many effective treatment options, and the diagnosis is the beginning of being able to explore them. Hopefully you and your doc can find a treatment path that means the diagnosis is the beginning of you feeling BETTER!!!!

Best of luck, and know that you have found a great community here....we're always here to support you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-21-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As you can see, a Lupus diagnosis does not mean the end of your life. Many of us have found joy, fulfillment, and happiness in what we call "Our New Normal". You may have to make some changes (sometimes, significant changes) in your current lifestyle. However, making new lifestyle changes need not be a negative thing. You may find new interests, new friends, new hobbies, new past time activities, new environments, etc. All of these things can be very positive and you may find that your new normal is a wonderful and fulfilling life. We are here to help you find that new normal and to help you in any way that we can! Don't give up..
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hello-

don't be afraid. I was so scared myself when i first was diagnosed, but i read up about it and made sure i got the proper medication, and i have been fine. I have had 2 kids since my diagnosis! i have a total of 3 kids, and I just make sure I eat healthy, exercise, and take my medication.