Thread: Hi from Texas

Thanks

Smile Hi from Texas

Hi all,

I'm new to Lupus and just found this forum. I'm excited to learn and make new friends here. I was diagnosed in May with SLE and have been doing lots of reading of online info trying to see what I can expect. The first symptoms for me were stiff, aching feet after being off them for awhile. Then my hands and my left shoulder became very stiff and achy, I started getting frequent headaches, and itchy rashes began forming over much of my body. Thinking I had rheumatoid arthritis and eczema, I went to my family doctor, and he ran a blood test. It came back positive on ANA and SS-A. So I've been on Plaquenil for nearly 2 months now, with some relief on the rash, but the joints are not any better yet and seem to be worse. Well, it'll be interesting to see how this goes. I look forward to getting to know you all and giving and receiving support through this journey!

Kim

Thanks

Hi Kim! Welcome. I live in Texas also, the Dallas area. Sorry you have SLE but glad you are getting help and had a quick diagnosis. Do you take an anti-inflammatory? I take Celebrex, and since I started it, my joint pain is almost gone. I have a little late in the evening but that's it. Sometimes you have to try a few before you find the one that works. Mobic didn't help me at all, Lodine helped a lit, but Celebrex really knocked it out. Talk with your doctor and make sure he knows how much the joint pain is bothering you. Also, keep moving. Exercise, while sometimes difficult helps so much.

Again, welcome to the group.

Jo

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our family;
    I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. Your story is quite similar to so many of us. You will certainly find and make friends here. You will also discover that everyone here is willing to help you in any way that we can and are here to provide you with support, comfort, information, and a safe place to express all of your concerns and feelings.
    Again...welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jolynnhughes View Post
    Hi Kim! Welcome. I live in Texas also, the Dallas area. Sorry you have SLE but glad you are getting help and had a quick diagnosis. Do you take an anti-inflammatory? I take Celebrex, and since I started it, my joint pain is almost gone. I have a little late in the evening but that's it. Sometimes you have to try a few before you find the one that works. Mobic didn't help me at all, Lodine helped a lit, but Celebrex really knocked it out. Talk with your doctor and make sure he knows how much the joint pain is bothering you. Also, keep moving. Exercise, while sometimes difficult helps so much.

Again, welcome to the group.

Jo
    Hi Jo, and thank you for the welcome! I am in the Houston area. It's nice to meet a fellow Texan. The Dallas area is so pretty - not so flat like the coastal plains down here. Thank you also for the clue about Celebrex. I wasn't aware there was more I could take, so I will call my dr tomorrow about a prescription. I have lots to learn for sure, and I can tell already that i will find good information and caring support here. Thank you again!

Kim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Hello and Welcome to our family;
    I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. Your story is quite similar to so many of us. You will certainly find and make friends here. You will also discover that everyone here is willing to help you in any way that we can and are here to provide you with support, comfort, information, and a safe place to express all of your concerns and feelings.
    Again...welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Thank you, Saysusie, for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to receiving and giving support in this caring community.

Thanks again,
    Kim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There sure are a bunch of Texans on here. I live in Amarillo and it's nice to meet another Texan!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mica View Post
    There sure are a bunch of Texans on here. I live in Amarillo and it's nice to meet another Texan!
    Howdy, Mica! I love your part of Texas. We always went through Amarillo on vacations throughout the great Southwest. Saw many a dust devil and got hit by some pretty hefty tumbleweeds up there! Thanks for saying hi!

Kim