My Rhumy originally diagnosed me with Lupus, then months later with Sjogren's and Lupus. Most recently she said I have UCDT. Symptoms of Lupus, Sjogren's, severe swelling in hands (especially at night) with pain in hands (distal, from tips back to 2nd joint), toes, frequent Raynaud's (hands, feet and nose) highly sensitive to sun with hives but not typical butterfly rash, dry mouth, eyes, skin, kidney issues periodically with protein in urine. From looking at the forum Q&A I understand now why she calls it UCDT - thank you to everyone who has shared on these threads. What I need help with is identifying the difference between pain that is from connective tissue disease and pain that is from arthritis and these other diseases. The pain in my fingers is from the tips back, it doesn't "feel" like it is isolated to the joints. Recently I have been having pain in my elbows too. Moving the skin on the outside of my elbow hurts, pressing on the bone or joint doesn't cause the pain but movement and moving the skin does hurt. I have been taking Plaquenil for 5 months now and the dry mouth and eye symptoms are much better. The pain in hands and feet is better too but I still have "flares" and especially with the strange weather changes and storms we have had in the last 2-3 weeks. I have woken up at night with severe pain in my elbow and hands and within 10 - 15 minutes a severe thunderstorm hits our area. Please share with me your thoughts and experiences on UCDT pain vs other joint pain - or is it the same?? Thanks for your help!