Thread: keep your chin up!

Thanks

Exclamation keep your chin up!

I am a newbie to this site. My sle was 15 + years before being diagnosed. Till it nearly took my life 3 years ago. Found a wonderful doctor who saved my life. Please dont give up trying to find answers. Search your family history too. My grandmothers family were all early deaths. I found they were nearly all congestive heart failures at very young ages. Lupus means wolf in disquise. Iwas determined to find out what was wrong with me because for my children. ButI has helped my sister and other bloodlines too. My brothers did not make it and passed away young.I hope this message can help others find their way and get the treatment they need.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Babs For This Useful Post:

Sammy (06-29-2013)

Thanks

Hi Babs!

Sorry to hear your history. Welcome to the site. Information is always useful. I was only recently officially diagnosed but I've been ill 22 years now. Lupus is a sneaky piece of work!

Love to you
    Jx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaynie For This Useful Post:

Sammy (06-29-2013)

Thanks

Hi Babs,

I certainly agree with you family history can be a handy tool for us and our health. Lupus as you say means wolf and there is no mistake that it is as sneaky as one. I have been doing some research into my family history as well. I have found that all the women from my mothers side of the family have an autoimmune disorder. It has come out differently in all of us but it is there. I drew the Lupus straw, Its just weird how these things go. I'm glad we live in this day and age where we have research and good medicine available to us. My great grandmother died from pernicious Aneamia when she was in her 20's.

Thanks for this important advise

Sammy xx