Thread: Its getting harder

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Its getting harder

Its getting harder to move. Walking, getting in and out of bed, sitting to standing, etc. Movements that we take for granted are now getting consistently difficult and painful. I think its time to start using the cane or walker if necessary. "Assistive devices". No shame in using them. I actually have a cane covered in pink roses- very stylish! I'm not throwing in the towel-I'm adapting. I still challenge myself to be the best I can be, I'll just be doing it with a little help!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

If that is what you need, do it. It is to assist you and assisting you need.
    Btw, my husband said something to me, last time we went grocery shopping, he said that he has noticed, that lately, I always push the shopping kart, which he always used to do. Now that he pointed it out, it's true, because I can walk better, holding on to the kart.
    Maybe that means, that I will need something to hold me up, too.
    Do what ever makes life easier for you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

ruziska (06-28-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

I know lots of people, even without lupus that use the shopping trolley to assist there walking. there is no shame in using an aid to make life easier. god gave someone a talent to be able to make it for you. so in one way, you are glorifying his good works. ....... at least that is my excuse !!
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ruziska (06-29-2013)