Thread: Hello from a newby in Perth Western Australia.

Thanks

Default Hello from a newby in Perth Western Australia.

Hello! I'm new to this site, plus I'm new when it comes to forums. I recently visited my ob/gyno to have a look at my pcos as we wanted to start looking into trying for baby number 3. He sent me for blood tests, I received a positive ANA so was sent for further blood tests & back to my GP so he can refer me to see a rheumatologist. I've since had another blood test, may have been a blood cell count. All of my blood tests have returned back normal, the only one that is abnormally high is a positive ANA. I don't have any aching joints, i do have aching back & nevk regularly but its a pain ive always put up with, i suffer quite bad headaches where they come on really quickly & cause me serious tiredness where im close to pasding out, I have numbness that occurs randomly in my tongue & toes on my right side, I'm clumsy, I find my speech is not like it used to be & I have serious "lupus fog"...I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm 30 years old, back when I was 22 I had a positive ANA & no further action was taken (if I had of known the seriousness I would have taken it further, my current ob/gyn read back on the files I retrieved from previous drs so that's why he investigated further).

Im in Perth, western australia, we dont have private health so i have to wait to see a rheumatologist, although im currently looking into private health cover, im just not too sure where to start! feeling really lost at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi and welcome. there are a few other west Australians on here...... so you are not alone with this. this web site exists purely so we can help each other.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family;
    As Steve mentioned, we have several members from Australia here! You will also find that there are many of us here who share your symptoms. In fact, the "Lupus Fog" is such an issue that we have a thread where we find humor in those things that we do due to Lupus fog..You may want to browse through it to lift your spirits a bit as some of the anecdotes are hilarious.
    Also, take a moment to read through the "stickys" on the top of each forum. They are filled with important and informative information. Please make yourself at home, we are so happy that you are with us and we are here to help you in any way that we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi I'm from Perth too and just joined today after being diagnosed with SLE in 2007. I'm looking for a new immunologist/rheumy as mine is rumoured to be retiring next year. Any good ones that you perthies go too?!
    Cheers jilly

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

jilly try this person, I see him ....
    Dr Tafere Berhane
    Hollywood medical centre 92006242
    Metceni health, Mandurah 95862122
    coolabah medical centre, Greenwood 92461662
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.