Thread: So do I need a hat?!

Thanks

Red face So do I need a hat?!

Hey peeps.
    I know I sound like a noob, but I think the sun is making me poorly so I got the sunscreen. We rarely have sun at the moment in sunny sunny England, but I wear the cream, only yesterday it wasn't very sunny and I still felt really achy in the evening...like I'd slept in an odd position for hours and hours...do I have to wear a hat?

Loves!
    Jx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You don't HAVE to wear a hat, but it can help. It will protect your scalp from UV rays. Even if you have a head full of thick hair, the UV rays still reach your scalp, so yeah a hat can be a big help.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

I love my hats and wear them out all the time. I have found them to be a great help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't wear hats I should though but my head gets all itchy so I never wear them.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

for most people, a hat warms up the head ...... making it itchy. the cure is to wear a hat with holes in it, so it can breathe. the ideal style usually is a straw style. it can be dressed up to suit your clothing. as a male this style of accessory usually draws a few strange looks lol. so I wear baseball style hats. but I do ensure they have air holes in them still. the difference that blocking uv rays can make to my fatigue is quite dramatic. it is winter in Australia, and cloudy ..... but there is still a lot of uv rays. it is easy to underestimate the power of uv rays.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

Is there a way I know whether it's the sun making me poorly or not?...a common symptom or something? I feel knackered, my skin gets hyper sensitive and I feel fluey. But maybe something else is happening so I feel like that?

Question 2... Can the sun 'get me' through glass?

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend....

Jx

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynie View Post
    ............ Question 2... Can the sun 'get me' through glass? ..........
    yes. quite a few of us need sunscreen when we are driving. some even need driving gloves.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Jaynie (07-03-2013)

Thanks

The UV can get through the glass and even if you stay in the shade of a tree or something it get you... So you need sunscreen...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simona For This Useful Post:

Jaynie (07-03-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unless it's specialty glass the UV rays will go through it. That's the reason I have blocked most of the windows in my home because i'm extremely photosensitive. Make sure to wear chapstick with spf in it too a lot of people forget that and making sure when wearing sunscreen to get your hands, ears, and neck.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Jaynie (07-03-2013)

Thanks

What a drag!! But thanks for the advice guys.

I'm hoping that its the sun that's making my skin hyper sensitive. And it would explain why I feel worse by sitting at my new crafting spot next to a sunny window!

It really is a case of looking out for things and asking questions. You have all been so helpful in leading me towards understanding and accepting my condition. Thank you so much.

Have a nice day peeps!
    Jx