Thread: BUTTERFLYS

Thanks

Default BUTTERFLYS

i was just wondering... What exactly is this Butterfly rash on ur face everyone keeps talking about?? i dont have it... i've been using Hydrocortisone Butyrate on my face for another problem for awhile b4 i actually found out about this whole Lupus thing. i'm hoping it helps. Will i get it in time??

Thanks

I have a pinkish red rash ,my is not raised it just looks like I've got a sun burn. It doesn't bother me or hurt in any way. Sometimes when I get overheated it is redder. Some people say their rash comes and goes but mine is always there,cold or hot it's there. It is on both sides of my cheeks going across my nose.I think of it as part of me. Although when I wear make-up you can't see it.But you can go natural and not worry about putting any blush on. I hope you will have all your questions answered. Don't hesitate to ask, if you don't ask you won't know.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

My butterfly rash comes and goes. If I've been in the sun too long or out in the cold too long it will appear. After I shower or wash my face it's there too. Mine will also come out when I've been under florcent lighting too long... especially if the light fixture is set lower. Mine doesn't hurt, but will sometimes get warm. :roll:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Rach :lol:
    The Butterfly rash is generally a red, flat facial rash over the bridge of the nose. Because of its shape, it is frequently referred to as the "butterfly rash" of lupus, it is usually thin over the bridge of the nose and extends and widens to both cheeks. It resembles the shape of a butterfly. The butterfly rash of lupus can be precipitated or worsened by exposure to sunlight, a condition called photosensitivity.
    The rash ranges from a faint blush to a severe eruption with scaling. The rash reflects the angle at which the ultraviolet radiation from the sun hits the skin on the face.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Here is a list of sypmtoms that says only 42% of us will get the butterfly rash, but 74% will have some sort of rashes.

http://www.lupus.org/education/sympt.html

This is a great website for general information.