Thread: Question regarding skin after sun rash

Thanks

Default Question regarding skin after sun rash

I've started getting rashes from the sun. Never had a problem before. The only thing was last year I had gotten a bad sunburn after being outside on a cloudy day for only an hour. This year layed out by the pool once and I was covered in a red itchy rash and felt terrible. But my question is this: the places on my body that had the rash are now dry and rough. I've tried lotions etc. and it's odd. Not like a dry, peeling after a sunburn or anything but dry like a fine grit sandpaper almost? Is this common after a sun rash?

Thanks

I get all sorts of rashes, from being in the Sun, and I do wear sunblock. My dr. says I need to think of myself as allergic to the Sun and sunblock is not enough, I have to keep covered up. I've been diagnosed with lupus SLE and Discoid.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

there is 2 things that might explain why you are effected now, and not before.... 1. some of our medications make us react with the sun. in Australia, plaquenil has a safety label about sun exposure. 2. as lupus effects your body, your body adjusts, and changes. some of us become less sensitive.... but most of us become more sensitive. quite a few of us are that sensitive that indirect sunlight and fluorescent lighting can also cause a bad reaction. it is not fair.... but many of us can no longer enjoy what we used to take for granted.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.