Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i HATE this disease!!!

Thanks

SoleSinger, thanks for linking our new friends to the spoon theory, it is such a help!

I was older when I was diagnosed - and I too had that "oh my god my life is over, I'll be dead in a year" feeling. Well, I'm still here and feeling healthier now than I did 4 years ago. A good thing.

This condition (note I say CONDITION not "disease") has changed things for me - I do the hats, I've become quite the hat statement around town and around my workplace. I do sunscreen, yes the SPF 50, and long sleeves. But I still go to New Mexico (never been to Vegas!), I still go out in the sun, I still enjoy life.

Things I've learned on this path? I CAN sit and smell the roses - literally - in my back yard and ignore the weed growing next to the rosebush. I CAN let someone else clean the bathroom (and thoroughly enjoy THAT fact!) I CAN still do almost everything I did before. Can't dance, but then, I couldn't do that before.

There's an Erma Bombek poem about enjoying life that I'll copy in if I can find it - but right now I have to finish gettinr ready for work. Ah yes, that hasn't changed....

It takes time, sometimes a long time, to find peace and the joy that a changed life can bring.

Many hugs, dear, and stay in touch!

Thanks

:P SoleSinger,
    Thank you for the link to the Spoon Theory!!! :lol: I will definitly send this to my close friends. We all can relate to it.
    Thanks Again!!!!
    mom2two