Thread: Painful Lupus Rashes... Help please

Thanks

Default Painful Lupus Rashes... Help please

Hey I have a Lupus related question. Does anyone else have red rashes that are Very painful and itchy? I'm not sure what to do for them. I have not been exposed to poison ivy at all nor have I started new meds or ate anything new. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Minor sun exposure can give me extreme rashes
    I work outside year round and manage by using sunscreen (lots of sunscreen) and long sleeve clothing that has built in spf protection.
    Having been on plaquenol for 3 years I believe has helped control the severity of my rashes but every now and then I'll miss a spot, like the back of my hands and I get a very painful reminder of just how much the sun effects me.
    When I was first diagnosed I thought that sun damage was limited to rashes etc but it also can trigger a flare resulting in joint pain, muscle swelling, headaches etc.
    Fifteen minutes in the sun can make me miserable for a week.

Take Care!

Niall

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for the advice. I have't been in the sun today though

Thanks

My face and arms do not like any sun exposure - I get very itchy just running out the trash without my skin covered. I also react to time spent under indoor fluorescent lights. I take Benadryl several times a day in spring and summer to help with the itch. Lotions and many sunscreens make me itch worse so I try to wear long sleeves as much as possible. Once I am itch mode even water touching me burns. I found that aloe gel is the only thing that soothes and quiets my skin. Good luck trying to pinpoint the source of the itch.

Thanks

I get random hives that sound like that. Mine go away after several days. When I first got one I thought it was like a spider bite or poison ivy but eventually realized they were hives. I get them in different places and usually only one or two at a time. Though unsettling and a little painful they haven't caused any major problems for me. Make sure you take pictures and show your doctors.

Thanks

Thank you for all youre help! I'm thinking it may be a reaction to Tramadol. It started when I started the medication so I'm going to talk to my Dr tuseday. thank you again!!