Thread: Hello All.

Thanks

Default Hello All.

I'm 41, father of two. Twins. I'm on disability but I'm pretty healthy all the time. 11+ years of taking note of my activities just prior to a flare have taught me my limits. For me, living with this is all about borrowing on the future. Once I surrendered to that, things steadily have become stable

I have:
    SLE
    Fibromyalgia
    Lupus Anticoagulant(permanent DVT at the top of right leg)
    Raynaudís Phenomenon
    Vasculitis
    A few others than are annoying

My joints and back pain are my kryptonite. I have little to no organ involvement. Plaqenil and Coumadin are my primary therapy. I am on full disability because any change in my respect of my limits will send me spiraling into the abyss. I have experienced much of the hell I read here and stress can take me right there.

I love the rule on Pushers of "Holistic" or other alternative therapies. So many of my loved ones have even pushed that crap on me. The day I was diagnosed, they had given me every test save one. Leukemia. Thats when the ANA came in. I hadn't eaten for a month, and had most likely 4-5 days left to live.

My "loved ones" have made me a guru in human nature. In the end, it's better to know the truth, however inconvenient. I feel equipped, not jaded. I know just what to look for in a person.

Since I was one of those dot.com overpaid engineers. I topped out my benefite by age 32.

Why am I here?

1. To learn. There are worlds of experiences here that will deepen my way of approaching things, actions or reactions that would be overlooked by most but actually show a universal wisdom that could change my life.

2. Some advice. Mostly on how to handle workplace horrors. I hate reading posts from people relying on the humanity of some boss who is leading the into the ovens. I know how to stop that.

3. To listen. My slice of hell is smaller than many here. I need to broaden my view of the big picture.

I humbly join this board to accomplish these and hopefully even more helpful ends.

Bless you all,
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi chris, and welcome. there is quite a few other males on here, so you are not alone in your journey. many of us like to get to know a little about each other, one of the easiest ways is to add some information in your "profile". please read mine to learn a little about me.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Chris and welcome to our WHL family! You have no idea the amount of joy it gave me knowing that you read the rules before posting. We don't have many but our goal is to save lives and help people live as healthy as possible and I am glad people are reading what is a d is not allowed.

i am glad you are doing well and I look forward to what you can share with our family. Make yourself at home. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~