Thread: UK sunblocks and photosensitivity

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question UK sunblocks and photosensitivity

Hi peeps!

Scared myself today...haven't been photosensitive to any degree....feeling very sore and I think finally the photo sensitivity is an issue (anyone else get suddenly afraid when it seems this disease is taking a new turn?)
    So...panic in hand...

What sun products do people in the uk use? Are they expensive/available on prescription? I don't want sticky and tacky! Someone recommended neutrogena to me, but it looks like that stuff has to come from overseas?...

Jx
    (I like avoiding lupus, but it's fond of ME)

Thanks

Felt very very sore last night. Painkillers helped me sleep through it thank goodness. Drs appt for prescription sunblock coming up next week and I'll buy one for now. Gotta deal with this...the pain's too bad to ignore lol!

Have a good day peeps!

Jx

Thanks

Hi Jaynie, I too get really upset when I get a new symptom from Lupus. I guess it's cause I wonder if it meansore really bad lupus complications are going to crop up.

I am not in the UK but I can tell you the sunscreen I like is called Vanicream SPF 30. I get it from Amazon. My dermatologist recommended it cause other sunscreens were burning my face when I applied them.

Hope you are feeling better!

Nicole

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Sun is one of the worst things for me now (that and unprotected florescent lighting). I used to love the sun but it does not love me. I can end up in bad shape after a short period of time. I am in Texas so there is a LOT of sun and heat. I was depressed about it early on and then I learned a trick. I start my "day out" later. I am often like a vampire. I do my best to go out at night. It is actually kind of fun. It makes me feel like when I was younger and headed out for the night. I often go grocery shopping, clothes shopping for my daughter or whatever I need to do as the sun goes down or at least in early evening. We usually end up eating after. It allows me to enjoy more of the time out and not have to spend as much time recouping.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Mari and Nicole x

I tested a load of sunscreens yesterday and bought a light mist 50+. I was trying to explain the sun thing to husband and eldest son and they seem to think I'm a bit naive. It's kind of the reason I've avoided the Internet with Lupus. My husband seems to believe that ONLY the things that your doctor says should be followed. I think he thinks that I read this stuff and then I feel it. To me it just connects all the dots and the random things, things you wouldn't moan about or make an issue of, but you still suffer them.
    Anyhow...point is, I bought my sun protection...I'm such a grown up!

Nicole, yes, I feel just the same. It's like panic washes over me...thoughts of change, the unknown and getting seriously poorly...

Have a nice weekend peeps!

Jx

Thanks

Hi Jaynie
    Just read your query about sunscreen in the UK. Better late than never! My dermatologist and GO prescribe Sunsense factor 50 for me. Ask your GO to do the same unless you are already sorted.
    This
    Maisie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maisie For This Useful Post:

Jaynie (10-07-2013)