Thread: New here!

Thanks

Default New here!

Hi, my name is Jen, I'm 39 yrs old, mom of 3 and struggling with undifferentiated diffuse connective tissue disease. I was in a severe motorcycle accident in 2006 which seems to have set off some kind of process in my body. I keep getting diagnosed with yet another "thing". The list just keeps growing: fibro, tmj, hearing loss, chondramalacia patella, arthritis in knee and hands, ulnar nerve damage, carpal tunnel, migraines, tachycardia, depression (wonder why!) , severe degenerative disc disease with instability (double level back surgery...still in pain), IBS, UCTD, and prob more but I'm foggy. It's sooooooo beyond frustrating! I could open a pharmacy with all the drugs that are stashed from prescriptions that have been discontinued. I really think its just a matter of time before I get a concrete lupus diagnosis because all of my symptoms are lupus related and point in that direction. I saw on a referral that my dr gave me that he put that my ANA was positive also. On the bloodwork it said 1:40. I don't really know what that means. The bloodwork stated negative but he's saying its positive. Who knows! I'm glad I found this site because its great to have support. Even though our loved ones can be empathetic (most of the time) they don't live in our bodies and could not possible understand what we go through and how much effort it takes some days to act normal. I know everyone here probably understands.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Jen and welcome to WHL. We are glad that you found us.

I am sorry you are going through so much. Often times it is a time of stress, physical or mental, that triggers our symptoms so what you experienced is not uncommon. It is very frustrating as the symptoms add up and we wait to get everything under some kind of control. Good news is that you are now part of our WHL family and we will be here for you as you go through this experience.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jen and welcome! I can't add much more to what Tgal said in her warm welcome to you. I just wanted to make sure that I also welcomed you to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!