Thread: Air Conditioning maybe?:???

Thanks

Unhappy Air Conditioning maybe?:???

Last week I noticed that I wasn't feeling good at work every day and it always started right around lunch time when the a/c came on. I had that flu feeling and just wanted to cover up and cry. I sent my Dr. a message and asked him about the A/C and he said that he very much doubted that it was the AC and that it was probably a flare. Well - over the weekend, I wasn't at work and I wasn't sick. Now back to work and A/C comes on and same old dreadful feeling. PLEASE - is there anyone out there that may be experiencing the same???

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Do you happen to be sitting in florescent lighting at work? If so you may be having a reaction to the UV lighting just like you would from the sun.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-04-2013)

Thanks

Hi Torry, It turns out that you can get very sick from a/c if you are susceptable to florine. It sometimes does leak out of air condititoning i had friend who had to put his refrigearator in his garage.He would get sick when in his truck and ran the a/c that is how he figured it out. It also affected him when he ran his A/C in his house also I do not know what you can do about it other than ask them to have A/C enviromental contractor look for leaks with a special tester. Is anyone else at work (power in numbers) having the problem? Be Well Ted

Thanks

Hi Torry,

I haven't noticed it as specifically with a/c as you, but I have had similar problems with a window unit a/c and with a fan. I assumed something was stirring up my allergies somehow but I haven't figured it out yet. Hope you do - it's sure no fun!