Thread: New girl on the block

Thanks

Smile New girl on the block

Hello. This is my first post! I'm excited to finally have a place to be heard and understood. I have SLE, got finally diagnosed 3 years ago. Kinda happy about that...at least I know I'm not crazy anymore!! The process getting to this point has been long and frustrating but now I'ts about learning to live and adjust to the way I go through my days. My friend at work who also has SLE just told me about the "spoons" article. Great! Really brings the point home. Well, I'ts 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pj's! Yay! A good day

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeny For This Useful Post:

tgal (06-07-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Leeny
    Welcome to WHL, sounds like you had a lazy day.
    Hope you're doing ok,
    Hugs and Good Thoughts

Thanks

I had a great day. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I have a question...when do you feel like pushing through your day is over doing it?? There are days I'm tired but keep going and I seem to do ok the next few days then there are days that I push through and I am done for the next two days?! Any ideas? Thanks

Saysusie is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello to both of you and welcome to our family!
    As a general rule, we try not to push through our days. If we feel fatigued or unable to continue, it is a good idea to stop and rest. Getting recuperative rest is VERY important as over-doing and fatigue can bring about a flare up. So, I would say - try not to push through your day if you do not have to.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (06-07-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi an welcome to the WHL family! Susie gave you some great advice. Pushing through often just leads to feeling worse. Do your best to rest and not use all your spoons at one time. If you do you are basically borrowing from what you can do the next day (or the next) and often will end up in a full blown flare that puts you down much longer. This is one of the hardest parts to learn to do. We have to find a new normal and, for many of us, learn to use the word "No" for the first time.

We are so glad to have you with us. It is always nice to have people around that understand
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~