Hello there,

If you're reading this, Thank YOU. Please allow me to tell you a bit about myself. I'm a "healthy" 37 y.o. woman. I'm a busy and active mama of a two year old girl. I've always considered myself to be strong as an ox, tough as nails, and all of that business. I had a happy and uneventful pregnancy with Isadora. My platelets always came up slightly low, but my OB was never worried. When the pregnancy was over my platelets rose back to a low normal. Now, my hubby and I are trying for number two. We've had two extremely early miscarriages so far this year. One was at 5 weeks and the other at 4. Lots and lots of blood tests later we find that my platelets dabble consistently in the upper ranges of below normal (120-ish), as do my white blood cells (4655). My ANA screen was positive with a titer of 160 and homogeneous pattern and my C3 was slightly low (60). I've tested negative for all of the clotting disorders, hence no anti-phospholipid syndrome. The rheumatologist told me I have Lupus. I couldn't help but feel that she was LOOKING for me to have symptoms and related disorders....for example, my hands were cold in her air-conditioned office and she told me I have reynauds (sp) syndrome. She asked if I get rashes in the sun and I told her that I have gotten sun poisoning on my skin when I've burnt in the past--since childhood. Perhaps it IS lupus related but I'm not sure. I feel healthy. I feel good. She wants me to go on Plaquenil and I'm very nervous about it. I've never liked drugs. I hardly ever take aspirin and I usually opt for acupuncture or herbs if I ever need a helping hand. I'm sensitive to drugs and I fear the side-effects. However, I also fear the disease progressing and ending up terribly sick like my mother--in-law who had lupus for YEARS before it was diagnosed. Please let me know if you have any insight or opinions to share with me. I'm grateful to you already for reading this far. Peace. (: