Hello everyone,

New here so I'll give you some background:

I have been dealing with strange symptoms for two years. Back and forth to GP with no diagnosis other than maybe you’re depressed. On my last visit I actually told her if she mentioned depression one more time to me I was going to punch her!

Three weeks before Christmas 2012 I got really sick. I was so tired, severe brain fog and my hands and feet where changing all kinds of funky colors. My neck swelled as well as the bottom right side of my face. I went to my GP which she ordered an immediate sono on my thyroid. Came back with nodule on left side and sent me to have a fine needle biopsy at local hospital. Test results came back negative. Assured me it wasn't thyroid cancer and wait to see if swelling decreases with time which it did. One month later I got extremely ill again. Barely out of bed, fever, rash, all my joints hurt, hair loss and I couldn't hang on to anything. I broke so many dishes I had to buy more. I demanded my GP to give me a referral out to see someone else. Finally appointment with Rheumy.

Feb. 2, had my first appointment. Usual evaluation, do this do that, look here look there. By the time I left I felt like a circus monkey! Doc said I definitely have some issues and ordered a slew of blood tests. Returned to find out his diagnosis was UCTD with symptoms leaning towards Lupus. That rang a bell; I have two aunts with lupus so was somewhat familiar with the term. Put my on Plaquenil 400 mg. and High dose of Vitamin D cause it was almost non-existent. Rheumy wants to know why my GP never did any extensive testing or referrals in the two years I've been seeing her for these issues knowing theres a family history of Lupus. Can you say incompetent?

I see the Rheumy every 6 weeks till this last visit on May 22nd. Doc noticed I have some swelling and tendonitis in my legs, feet and ankles. That would explain why my feet hurt so much. She wants me to take prednisone which scares me and maybe another drug depending on a blood test called TPMT? Go back June 19th.

Questions I have:

Do you ever get frustrated that every time you go back to the docs its never good news? How come my Rhemy uses UTCD and Lupus in the same visit? Which one is it? One minute he says thats common with Lupus and next he says UTCD. Why does my ANA test always come back inconclusive even though thier done at different labs? Rhemy said he thinks Lupus is playing pick-a-boo in my body. Is this possible? So many questions!

Frustrated,

k