Thread: Super sensitive front teeth!

Thanks

Question Super sensitive front teeth!

Hi everyone,

I'm still a newbie with SLE diagnosis recently. Has anyone experienced super sensitive front teeth? I am currently on Prednisone - weaning down VERY slowly from 60mg after my first ever flare that started beginning of February and led to my diagnosis 1 month ago. Down to 40mg Prednisone today.

Also I have been having chest pain for the last few weeks (to add to everything else!) It's worse laying flat on my back and feels like a heavy pressure on my sternum. My last rheumatologist appointment was 2 weeks past, and he did an ECG/EKG which showed my heart was fine. Seeing him again in another 2 weeks time, but the chest pain seems to be more constant than before. Anyone else have this?

Thanks in advance - it's so nice to have people to talk to about things!

Thanks

Hi Polly,

I also have sensitive teeth, but not just the front ones.
    About the chest pain, I do have it, but its because I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and I don't have it all the time. Whenever my heart races like crazy, it causes chest pain, right now, because I am also on Prednisone ( Medrol), my heart races a lot and that causes pain, but it is not too bad.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Polly (05-29-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Try sendodyne tooth paste, I swear by that stuff. I even got my sister onto it. Now I can eat ice cream!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Polly (05-29-2013)

Thanks

Thank you for your replies! Will try a sensitive toothpaste - not sure if I can get Sensodyne but will look for it at the shop. Never had sensitive teeth before - they have always been (luckily) strong with no problems. It seems to be hot and cold they react to at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Thank you for your replies! Will try a sensitive toothpaste - not sure if I can get Sensodyne but will look for it at the shop. Never had sensitive teeth before - they have always been (luckily) strong with no problems. It seems to be hot and cold they react to at the moment.
    I had the same problem but this keeps that from happening. You can find it in the toothpaste isle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Polly (05-30-2013)

Thanks

Hi
    My teeth are horribly sensitive, but I put it down to osteopaenia caused by the steroids over too many years. Maybe I'm wrong? No sensitive toothpaste seems to work enough to make a difference, but I use it anyway.

Jx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaynie For This Useful Post:

Polly (05-30-2013)