Thread: Hi to Everyone here !

Thanks

Default Hi to Everyone here !

I'm probably one of the older, if not the oldest person on this site ! I was diagnosed with SLE, (Lupus cerebritis), in 1981, It didn't take terribly long for the diagnosis once I had a near fatal episode. For six months, I was on high doses of Prednisone which probably saved my life. Since then, I've been pretty lucky (minor problems) until one year ago when I had a heart attack and had three stents inplanted. Doing okay now, but have had a several mos. long lupus flare - whole body rash (mostly gone now), etc. Took Pred. for 5 or 6 weeks and now on Plaquenil and meds to help my heart. I cover up when in the sun and limit that time as much as possible, plus pace myself. Am interested in knowing if there are others who have had heart attacks and whether you think it was related to lupus. Also, if anyone with CNS Lupus, experiences depression. Am anxious to hear from others with lupus and maybe learn something ! Also, I think it's good for support.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

hi nancylee, and welcome. there are a few senior members here. I call myself middle aged at 51. we have embers that are senior enough to have birthdays similar to my parents. so you are never too old for us. it is good to have a few senior people, who have lived with this for most of there lives. as members like this have developed coping stratergies, and survival technigues. it is good to have you with us.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi nancy lee,
    I'm one of the older members on this site. Although I was only diagnosed a few years ago, I've been having episodes since I was young. It's nice to have another Senior on the site. Welcome!

Thanks

I guess I fall into the middle-age category (I turn 45 this summer), but I am eager to hear from people who are older and have lived with this disease for many years - it helps to have that perspective and wisdom!

Welcome, best wishes, and I look forward to hearing from you...