Thread: Radiothon

Thanks

Default Radiothon

So a few weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from the childrens hospital that Dylan was in and I thought that it was something about his upcoming labs, but it was a letter asking us to be part of their annual radiothon! Not one for talking in public or in a lg. group ( I actually REALLY dread it), but I figured that it wouldn't be like that. So, they want to know about Dylan and his disease, how he's doing and our/his experience with the hospital. We will be live on two radio stations! Don't think that Dylan is too happy about this. When they called to do the pre-interview they asked if there was anything that is off limits and I told them that he doesn't talk about it. And that this would be only the second time he's really discussed it. So I didn't know what was off limits. So, attending this will be myself, Dylan and my daughter and since my husband can't make it, I asked my sister to come along. She was a HUGE help when Dylan was in the hospital. Then I also asked my mom to come. Long story about her but she was a last minute add. I did tell the lady that May was Lupus Awareness Month! Ironic that they asked him to do this during May.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

this I great for dylans confidence. it will do him good to think about what he has accomplished, and what he has been through. remember to ask them for a copy of the talk. it will be great to replay to Dylan later on. best of luck with it.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

It will be streaming live on two radio stations. They sent me some flyers to put up in our area and I had him put one up at his school. I agree Steve that it will do him good and give him confidence as well as realize just how far he has come in two years!!! I'll try to remember about the copy!!! Good idea!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

if you ask the station before hand...... they should arrange it for you.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.