Thread: Hot & Cold at the EXACT Same Time???

Thanks

Default Hot & Cold at the EXACT Same Time???

Greetings WHL Family,

For years, in the midst of experiencing what I thought was part of my fibromyalgia flare (Rheumy has now pretty much ruled out fibromyalgia) one of my chief symptoms has been a most miserable feeling of being both burning up hot and freezing cold at the exact same time. Now...someone who as never experienced such a phenomenon….normally just looks as me oddly when I try to explain it...but if you've ever lived it, you get it!!! And realize there is no possible way of finding comfort because your skin is on fire, but your insides are freezing cold...and when you add to that every joint aches and it's 3 am and you feel like you may never sleep again in your life…

Well...my question is can anyone here relate to the Hot/Cold Phenomenon or Is this a boat that I must forever sail in alone?

Wishing You All A Pain-free Day,

Malli D

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, I have experienced it. I can be extremely hot (sweating) at my core. However, my feet and my hands are freezing cold (even turning blue) at the same time. My issue is that I have Raynaud's Syndrome. Have you or your doctor thought about this as a possibility? I do hope you find an answer.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

YES!!! I have had it both ways - hot on the inside and cold on the outside, and also the opposite. It is very weird!

I don't know what it is caused by, but I have Lupus, Sjogren's, APS, and Raynaud's.

When it happens, I usually pick which one feels better and drink something either hot or cold (depending on the situation) to try and equalize things. That seems to work better than using blankets or fans or whatever to attack it from the outside.

Seems like lots of us just generally have trouble regulating body temperature.

Thanks

"Ditto" on the above. I'm laying on the couch right now, elevated feet (swollen ankles again... sigh), sweating around the forehead and neck, and my stockinged feet are freezing... normal day, eh?... lol |;^)
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

I get cold, but my skin feels hot like a sunburn, and my hands and feet hurt. Mine is caused from neuropathy, or so the doc says. IDK. My only diagnosis as of now is Hashimoto's. I have a whole slew of problems though. I take Neurontin for the neuropathy, and the burning is all but gone until I get really, really tired. Hope you get some relief!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm having just that problem right now, right now i'm sweating a bit hot but my hands and elbows are cold and it hurts from the fan. For the past hour I have been turning off and on my fan but am so glad i'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks

ALL THE TIME!!! I also am going through it right now! Well, EVERY day I go through it. I too have Raynauds, so I TOO can be sweating, yet my hands and feet are like ice. I use hand and feet warmers! They are WONDERFUL!!! My husband buys them in bulk for me online, so i have an unlimited supply at all times!! My Dr said I have SEVERE Raynauds and he wanted to put me into a "trial group" for new "ideas/meds" for it BUT I cant. I flare too easy in the "REAL WORLD". He told me with how bad I have it i could lose fingers and/or toes! UGH! I already have nerve damage from it (and my RA nodules). SO BE CAREFUL and AWARE of how BAD it gets and get those "warmers" to get that blood flowing the way it should be flowing!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette