Thread: Has anybody had TB?

Thanks

Default Has anybody had TB?

Hi,just wondered if anybody has had TB.
    What were your symptoms and what treatment did you have for it.
    The reason I ask is my GP has sent off samples of phlegm to be tested.I have had a nasty cough for some time now and have started coughing up blood,also getting very short of breath.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have not had TB and, it appears that no one else has either. I do hope that your tests come back negative. I suffer from a chronic cough, but never any blood or short breath.
    Please let us know what your results are and if there is any way that we can help you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I've never had tb. The blood is usually from an irritated throat, from the coughing and/or infection. Lupus can knock you way down on infection fighting (since the stuff is busy trying to attach your own tissue... tic), which can make a chronic bronchitis or pneumonia into a knock-down, drag-out fight for breath. There are times I can't walk the length of my house (about 50 foot) without losing my wind, and having to stop to catch my breath. I avoid stairs on bad days anymore. I was diagnosed with COPD a while back, and the pulmonologist says it's probably from the lupus. I now do a daily inhaler, and have to use a "rescue" inhaler all too often. About 15 years ago, I had a bad staph infection in the lungs, and was treated with the same meds as they use for tb, just not for as long of a period of time. They certainly "clean" you out, so we'll hope you don't have anything like that. 'Course, bronchitis ain't no fun either...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."