Thread: just need to vent.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default just need to vent.

Sorry, but I just need to get this off my mind. I've been In a lot of pain lately. My back has been hurting so bad, especially at night to ths point where it keeps me awake. I've been sleepy, sore and grumpy which is so not like me. I hate the person i've been lately and i'm really scared that this is a flare. I keep forgetting things and i've had the same headache for five days now. I just don't know what to do
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

I try all sorts of stuff. I change beds (we've got an empty bedroom in the house), and if that doesn't work, I'll go to the living room couch, and if that doesn't work, I'll go to the family room couch. I might also change pillows. Anything to try to get comfortable for as good of a night's sleep as is possible. I do a nightly 1/2 of a skelaxin muscle relaxer anymore, along with with some magnesium (??) - the wife gets it for me, otherwise, I'd forget. Some nights I have to do a naproxen, or if it's a day off work next day for me, I might get out the big guns and do a flexeril and/or lortab or vicodin, or whatever that stuff that I don't like is called... Ya gotsta get yer shut-eye, or as much of it as you can...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Hi.
    Feeling for you there girlie. I'm not myself at all lately, or maybe I am now, but wasn't before.
    Pain can make us feel very low. You'll feel better in time, just hang in there! Don't stress about it, just take care of yourself the best you can and rest well.
    Wishing you better.
    Jx

Thanks

Hello my SWEET ASHLEY!!!! Hey, you are entitled to "cranky/bad" days/moments!!!! Its part of the package with our illnesses. LET YOURSELF vent the "cranky" HOWEVER you need to to make it at least a bit better. Do you stretch hun? Exercise at all? THIS is KEY to SO MANY THINGS to make our lives at least a bit better. I UNDERSTAND back pain more than you know! UGH! I have a broken L5, a missing disc (it wore away from the L5 break over time), Im grinding bone on bone(EWWWY!) slipped discs, nerve compression because of it all which has caused some nerve damage,narrowing...................... BUT, I walk on my treadmill at least 4-5 days a week AND I stretch EVERY MORNING and during the day EVERY DAY. My Dr. showed me "special stretches" for my specific back problems. Some stretches can HURT you and not help you. I was doing physical therapy for a while BUT unfortunatley it was so bright and "open" (windows/sun) I had to stop. I also did accupuncture and WOW did it HELP more than anything else! BUT at $100.00 a visit (insurance doesnt cover it) and having to go at least 2-3 times a week we cant do it. We arent rich!!!! Insurance SHOULD cover it because it HELPS! Good luck hun!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sleeping is hard for me I the moment. I have to sleep on an air mattress sleeper. The pain in my hip is horrendous. My solution is to get up and rest in a recliner with my feet up. I've even slept there. Then I go back to the bed. The movement and change of positions usually kills the pain.

Good thoughts and I hope you feel better soon