Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi y'all

Thanks

Default Hi y'all

I haven't been on in awhile, just thought I would stop in. I have been VERY busy and stressed out with school this semester, I'm taking a pretty heavy course load for me. I'm taking chemistry (and lab), immunology (and lab), Italian, and calculus. I tell you 14 credit hours is hard to keep up with being tired and what not :/ I was thinking of dropping a class or two but my professors are being helpful and hopeful that I will be able to make it the rest of the semester with the classes I'm in right now. In my spare time I've been trying to get more involved with the LFA in my area, right now I'm putting together all my walk activities and getting ready for the bus coming here!

Its been a very hard winter. I don't remember if I posted here about it, but me and my boyfriend of 3 years broke up around Thanksgiving last year, and it was a lot of back and forth and continuing to talk to each other until recently. The stress and depression from the whole situation has made me not feel the best for the past few months, despite not actually being in a flare because my blood work looks fine. I started having a lot of stomach and joint issues. I started taking Relafen and it was working great, only it caused pseudoporphyria on my face and I had to stop taking it (and all other NSAIDs) which has brought back the joint pain something terrible. Emotionally I've been a mess for months, and have been taking it out on all the wrong people.

My aunt recently found out she has RA (she has been dx with fibro for a few years now) so I've decided that my dads side of the family is probably where my issues have come from. I worry because my sisters are on my dads side and I won't want them to end up dealing with the same issues as me one day.

I hope you all have been well, I should really stop in more often. I have alot of lupus things I check on a regular basis though, and sadly my WHL check ins got pushed to the back. If ever younger folks show up here please send them over to the teen group on facebook, we actually have a pretty decent sized group there now, and I check it multiple times every day.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about your break-up.. I know from experience the labs are so hard on my lupus. Honestly maybe you shouldn't take two lab course in the same semester. Chemistry lab is a lot of standing and stirring and it really tired me out. Don't take on more than you can handle because once the lupus starts up it's hard to keep up with such a heck-tick course work. Just be careful, Im just telling you from my experience because when I did two lab classes it was killing me, 3 hours in a chem and biology lab was not good for me as it was just sitting in a class room.

Thanks

I'm really sorry to hear about what you're dealing with right now in your life especially with your schooling and your relationship. I am actually new here and I was recently diagnosed with lupus(SLE) about a month ago and I'm 19 years old. I actually had to drop out of my college because the work load was way too stressful for me because i was a nursing major. It was already stressful as it was when i was healthier, but now it's just impossible for me to go back to school. I recently also got out of a relationship around February with a guy I was with for about a year, and it was really stressful and I think may have contributed to the flare that happened to me around that time.

But anyway, i'll definitely check out that teen group on facebook, and if you ever need someone to talk to then I'm here and so is everyone else in WHL family Just know that everyone here understands and that we're here for you!<3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mica View Post
    Sorry to hear about your break-up.. I know from experience the labs are so hard on my lupus. Honestly maybe you shouldn't take two lab course in the same semester. Chemistry lab is a lot of standing and stirring and it really tired me out. Don't take on more than you can handle because once the lupus starts up it's hard to keep up with such a heck-tick course work. Just be careful, Im just telling you from my experience because when I did two lab classes it was killing me, 3 hours in a chem and biology lab was not good for me as it was just sitting in a class room.
    Unfortunately its what I'm stuck with. I finished my gen eds, so to remain full time and getting all my aid/loan money I have to take all of this lol I registered today for my fall classes and I will literally be taking 3 classes, but all come with a lab. So I get to live in the science building and slowly lose my sanity! LOL I know most of the faculty I've had so far and they've all been so nice, but next year I will have 2 new professors and I hope they are just as understanding as everyone else has been.

Quote Originally Posted by MzKellyjane View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about what you're dealing with right now in your life especially with your schooling and your relationship. I am actually new here and I was recently diagnosed with lupus(SLE) about a month ago and I'm 19 years old. I actually had to drop out of my college because the work load was way too stressful for me because i was a nursing major. It was already stressful as it was when i was healthier, but now it's just impossible for me to go back to school. I recently also got out of a relationship around February with a guy I was with for about a year, and it was really stressful and I think may have contributed to the flare that happened to me around that time.

But anyway, i'll definitely check out that teen group on facebook, and if you ever need someone to talk to then I'm here and so is everyone else in WHL family Just know that everyone here understands and that we're here for you!<3
    Its so hard. I wanted to take this year off, but my family wouldn't hear it. As bad as I feel it was probably a good thing in the long run that they pushed me to stay, because honestly I don't think I would have wanted to go back! This summer will be a nice break though, I took a class last summer so I've been going non stop. Don't give up! I tell myself a lot that I'm giving up, and have a giant pity party because I hate everything lol then I cave and ask my profs for some help and extensions so I can make it out with at least half decent grades. I'm pre-med, and how I haven't died so far I'm not sure lol Break ups suck, but I've decided they are for the best. Not only do you usually rid yourself of dead weight, you realize who your real friends are who stand there with you while you have a mental break down. I hope you find the page helpful, I try my best to put really good info on it. My teen page is my baby lol

So I have been home for days now, my joints are being quite uncooperative right now. My rheum told me I can take ibuprofen again and see if it helps or if the rash comes back. If it does I have to stop it and we may decide to do an infusion. We will see. I don't really care which route I have to go right now, I just want some relief!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ritz, I know labs are hard. But I know from experience, if you stop now, you mostly likely won't start again. Please try and keep going. What you do with your life now will make it easier on you when you get older.
    Hugs and love
    Nonna

Thanks

I "DITTO" Nonna!!!! Very well said!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I had planned on coming back and posting sooner but I totally forgot! I have been feeling over all SO good the past month especially. I can't tell you the last time I've felt this good for so long. I have been so active. I let my school work fall to the side this semester, but I'm going to bring it all back up eventually. I switched my major and it was approved today. I will now be doing anthropology and I hope to work for the LFA one day. Its the only thing I have an honest to god passion for, and I know I would love doing it for the rest of my life.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ritzbit2 For This Useful Post:

Nonna (05-09-2013), steve.b (05-09-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit2 View Post
    ....... I switched my major and it was approved today........
    so glad you have decided on what you are going to do.
    it is never easy admitting that you have to limit your education workload due to lupus.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

I really wasn't enjoying biology. I think I kept up with it so long because everyone was excited by the thought of me being a doctor. But I don't think that was how I was meant to help people. I want to be on the front lines with the LFA, actually working with people.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit2 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (05-19-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

a great passion to have.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.