Thread: HOT and COLD?

Thanks

Default HOT and COLD?

i know it's summer - i know that the sun is our worst enemy ... but why is it that when the air conditioning is on, my joints start to hurt and i can hardly breathe it in when its cold - it hurt my nostrils for some reason? Does this happpen to anyone or is it just me?

Thanks

I don't know about you but I'm pretty intolerant to cold(I also have raynaud's). I know that I try and bundle up and stay warm and don't move around enough and end up getting sore joints. I don't have any problems with my nostrils but maybe the air is just too dry for you. Maybe someone else out there can relate to that.

Thanks

8)
    RACH,

BUTERFLY RN HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD...RAYNAUDS SYNDROME

It is one of the many auto-immune diseases I also have along with my LUPUS.....usually you first get diagnosed with the other somewhat MINOR auto-immune problems then they find the LUPUS.

but do not worry RAYNAUDS is easily taken care of as to put it in LAYMAN's term is a disease that causes the SMALL ARTERIES in our extremeties and SOMETIMES like I have in our heart....THAT is when it becomes dangerous....It caused me to have TWO HEART ATTACKS because I did not ake it seriously. I figured I could STOP my mediccation when the summer came ...WRONG !!!!!! You need a medication like PROCARDIA XL to take care of this problem ....what the PROCARDIA does it stop you SMALL ARTERIES from constricting thus causing you HOT/COLD....reactions......it also causes the arteries to open very much so that you become very hot and sweat fromn doing rather small tasks/

In my case it has become so bad because I let it get that way and ended up with the heart attacks, after the second they put in TWP STINTS to keep them open even when the RAYNAUDS acts up and I just got OFF of COUMIDIN and back to JUST PROCARDIA XL......

It's nothing to get over worries about as it sounds like you are in the beginning stages.....just tell your RHEUMOTOLOGIST and he'll know what tests to perform....one may be a STRESS TEST to see if in fact it is affecting your heart if it's only affecting your extremeties then a small dose like 30MG OF PROCARDAI XL will be fine and you'll no longer be HOTand or COLD !!!!!

SO DO NOT WORRY

St James 8)
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....

Thanks

Default Raynauds

I saw that taking Procardia was mentioned for Raynauds. My podiatrist prescribed it but I have lupus of the brain and the Procardia causes severe headaches! My rheumatologist told me not to take it because it's not safe due to my brain problem. It did help the circulation in my hands/ feet but I thought I was going to have a stroke.

I wonder what else can be taken to help with the Raynauds. I take Plaquenil to help with my rashes and joint pain but sitting in an air conditioned room is almost painful. I hate the heat but the cold is almost unbearable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have alot of summer sandals but can hardly wear them due to my cold intolerance.

I would appreciate anyone's input!
    Catlady4520

Thanks

I was just told to keep warm... Maybe it depends how advanced it is...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

just got back from the dr today... thank God he says i look like i'm getting better! i'm still tired all the time and all that... still scared about going to Vegas.

And i asked about the Raynauds... he said DONT WORRY ABOUT U DONT HAVE IT! so i'm happy about THAT!

Oh yah and i'm NOT preggers! Whoo hoo! Took a test - they said i'm negative! havent gotten my period yet tho :?

Thanks

Probably Prednisone...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

i personally can tolerate the heat better than the cold. i live in MI and i'm planning on moving to GA because of this. in the winter when i step outside if it's below 40degrees my body immediately locks up. but if the weather is 85, 90 degrees i actually feel pretty decent. i guess because if it gets hot enough you can always go sit somewhere cool.