Thread: ANA Question

Thanks

Smile ANA Question

Hi All,

I received some of my bloods back the other day and my ANA reading is 1:640.. I have had previous tests that have also been this high but i assumed that the MTX would be working to lower this. Does anyone know if this is the case or do high readings come and go just like everything else with Lupus. I have been in a flare for a few weeks now so maybe that would contribute to the reading. Just not sure.
    Also ESR, CRP and liver ALT raised i am seeing the Rheumy again this Friday so i will check it out. Just sick of feeling awful !!

Thanks

Sam xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

a reading of 1:640 is not unusually high. many of us have higher readings all the time. on its own it is not a problem... ana readings should usually be read in conjunction with other blood test results. it is the complete picture that most rhuemys want to see. picking out 1 or 2 results on there own is not always a wise thing to do. our body can have a raised level for other natural reasons, not just lupus.eg. a cold, an infection.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Sammy (05-15-2013), Saysusie (05-15-2013)