Thread: New Symptoms-Blotchy skin

Thanks

Default New Symptoms-Blotchy skin

Hi there. I'm posting here even though I'm not confirmed Lupus case. ANA panels on Friday, was today but my ride canceled. I have the major symptoms, which is why my doctor ordered a full panel on our initial visit. But, here's a new one - blotchy skin everywhere!

I have a slight butterfly blush, flat not raised. This new blotchy pattern looks almost like sunburn that becomes blotchy at the edges. Haven't been in the sun, it's been SNOWING here (in May!). I have fatigue, sore upper body, low grade fever and this skin color.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. This is the third time in 7 days or so, but it eas just my arms the last two times. Again, I'm not confirmed, just suspected SLE. It doesn't itch, no raised rash, just color and my upper arm skin feels a little 'burned' like a sunburn, but can't be!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

People with Lupus (and other AI diseases) are prone to get some type of skin involvement as part of their illness. Skin involvement usually is in several categories: Butterfly rashes - Lesions - vasculitis rashes - Non-specific rashes (rashes seen in Lupus as well as in other diseases). Non-specific rashes are seen in diseases other than lupus, but are extremely common in people with SLE. These rashes may be red blotchy rashes similar to the rash caused by a number of viruses, and similar to the rash caused by a variety of drugs (so-called drug-rash). These blotches may or may not be elevated and may be pink or red. They generally are found on the face, chest, back, and upper arms, and may or may not be itchy. This type of rash disappears quickly if patients are treated with corticosteroids (such as Prednisone)for their other symptoms. Vasculitic rashes are seen frequently in people with SLE, especially in acutely ill patients. These rashes are non-specific because they may be present in patients who do not have lupus. For example, a small number of individuals with rheumatoid arthritis develop vasculitic rashes. There are a wide variety of rashes due to vasculitis, including: tender bumps in the tips of the fingers or toes; rashes that look like splinters under the nailbeds; ulcers that form around the ankle joints or on the legs; and tender red bumps on the shins.
    What you are dealing with is, unfortunately, quite common in auto-immune diseases and ESPECIALLY with Lupus. I realize that you have not been diagnosed yet. However, this should not prevent your doctor from prescribing something to help alleviate these symptoms.
    Best Of Luck

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Dazed (05-18-2013)

Thanks

Thank you! I've had tender areas on my feet. Like blisters, but flat, on the tips of my toes. Sometimes my feet(skin) will hurt so bad I walk funny. Hopefully I get answers soon!

Thanks

I get blotchy legs and arms, especially when I'm cold and that's quite often. I don't know if yours I similar but after much research I found the best way to describe it is 'mottled'.. It is apparently common in autoimmune cases, don't know if it's the same thing you're getting but that's all I know! I hope you find out what it is and get it seen to! Best wishes! xxx