Thread: Tailbone pain

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Tailbone pain

So this is new as of today.
    I'm having severe tail bone pain. It hurts to sit, stand, bend down, basically any movement! Has anyone had this issue and if so, does anyone know what this could be?!
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ashley;
    I've never had this issue before! I do hope that someone comes along to offer you some words of wisdom and/or advice. If not, please let me know and I will research it for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Ashley,

I do have tailbone pain , but I broke my tailbone in 1995 I slipped and fell right on the tailbone, the worsed pain I have ever had, I also dislocated my left shoulder. The pain now is only when I sit on a hard chair and lean back, when I lean foreward and not actually sit on the tailbone, the pain is less.
    But I have a different problem you might want to consider. I have very bad pains in my buttock, the bone you sit on, right above the upper thigh. My rhuemy told me, that it was tendon pain. The only thing that has helped that pain was prednisone and/ or MTX. He thinks that most of my tendons are inflammed.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-16-2013)

Thanks

I always have back pain ( including tailbone), last year I went to see an acupuncture for 6 months, helped me a lot... I meant a lot. I will go again in mid July for another section, just to get ready for the Winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Hi Ashley,

I do have tailbone pain , but I broke my tailbone in 1995 I slipped and fell right on the tailbone, the worsed pain I have ever had, I also dislocated my left shoulder. The pain now is only when I sit on a hard chair and lean back, when I lean foreward and not actually sit on the tailbone, the pain is less.
    But I have a different problem you might want to consider. I have very bad pains in my buttock, the bone you sit on, right above the upper thigh. My rhuemy told me, that it was tendon pain. The only thing that has helped that pain was prednisone and/ or MTX. He thinks that most of my tendons are inflammed.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have had that problem but even though this sounds weird my doctor had me stretch a certain way an it helped so much. Basically she had me sit straight in a chair with my right ankle over my left knee and slowly lean forward and I did the same with the left ankle on the right knee. It help a lot, I forgot her explanation for it but hey it worked. That was for me so I am not telling you to do that I was just telling you my experience.