Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies...what do you do with yourself?

Thanks

Talking Hobbies...what do you do with yourself?

Hi again
    Just wondering what hobbies people have. I'm a paper crafter tho I try a bit of everything. I've been attempting an art journal, but today I'm not up to anything at all. Maybe I could make dinner later...

So what do people do with themselves? I'd love to hear from you and maybe we can share ideas?

Jayniex

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I knit and read books. And when I can go to my granddaughters softball games.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Jaynie (05-10-2013)

Thanks

I read a lot, cook, love movies, and occasionally obsess on some craft or home improvement project. Lots of different kinds of things - as long as it's creative!
    My real passion is horses - I teach and train part-time, but I also spend a lot of my spare time at the barn.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

Jaynie (05-10-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I knit, knit, knit and knit. Crochet on rare occasions, as well as cross stitch. Knitting is my passion. Even have the tattoo!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

I spend hours on my computer ...... I moderate here, so I keep quiet in the background watching for spammers and such. I also spend hours playing games that keeps my mind active. a few of us play "words with friends"... it is scrabble on face book.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Nonna (05-12-2013)

Thanks

I play "World of Warcraft" quite a lot. Ok so I'm a geek lol. I have 'words with friends' , how would I join in with you guys? I'm also a little bit very addicted to Pinterest and I play Hayday on my IPad. I thank God for my IPad! (And I'm not being flippant!). I'm watching lots of catch up series' on Netflix. I try to walk a bit every day at the moment too in the hope that I can build up some strength.....not sure how that's working out!
    Jx

Thanks

Baking. I love to bake. I do cakes on the side. I just recently last weekend was involved with an auction to benefit the American Cancer Society. My sister spoke and I put up for a custom designed cake. My cake auctioned for 350. I was pretty excited. Its to help children with cancer go to camp. So in June I will be designing a cake for a 3 year old. I love to make sugar flowers and work a lot with fondant. I also make my own bread sourdough bread. I love gardening although I am no good at it. I kill everything. Anything crafty really.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcatsgirl For This Useful Post:

Sammy (05-13-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jewelry making thats my real passion, but I also do other DIY things. Right now am learning how to solder for my jewelry making and have gotten pretty good for a beginner. I love building things right now i'm working on cat runs for the walls, I am the type of person if I have the tools and some vague instructions I can figure it out. I really wish I had someone in my life to show me how to work all the tools in my garage from my recently passed grandpa so i'm no professional but i'm learning as I go, I just recently figured out how to work a dremel and spent hours cutting metal. Just finished my beaded cherry blossom tree it came out amazing! Really enjoy cooking but I don't do it much anymore because it's hard on me with the heat and standing. Addicted to Tumblr, pinterest and netflix but unlike most people I actually try the crafts on pinterest. I don't crochet or cross stitch anymore because it hurts my hands but really i'm into everything except drawing or painting because I suck at it and I have no patience. Oh and really into my animals not just loving them but rescuing strays and finding them homes.

Thanks

I still work full time, so there isn't much time for anything, plus I am exhausted and in pain when I get home from work.
    Doing puzzles relaxes me, I used to do those alot, but I have to do them on the dining room table and it's difficult for me to sit on the chair. I am planning on buying a puzzle table, which I can put in front of me, sitting in my lazy boy.
    I do 1000 and 1500 piece puzzles.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

I still work full time but try to make time for fishing,hiking,gardening(mostly tomatoes& peppers) and reading.
    Lately I have been reading a variety of historical novels.